Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could post pictures of the "Vacuum Fluorescent Display" found on the Camry SE and XLE and maybe even the LE.

It is part of the upgraded (but not JBL) stereo system. (non-navi)

I believe that it has a black background.

it seems like it can display much more information than the regular display.

if possible, can you post pictures of it showing different information?

thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the pic.

I didn't know you could upgrade it after the fact. I saw that it also has a bunch of different features (bluetooth streaming for music) so it seemed too complicated to be an aftermarket job.

if anyone can take a picture of it playing a cd or mp3, that would be great too.

is it monochrome, or can it display colors as well?

I'd be getting it as part of a package to begin with. it seems like a great value. with bluetooth and usb port for ipod connectivity.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
DO WANT. DO WANT BAD. I got a blackberry that can play stereo bluetooth. That would be a perfect upgrade.
The wiring and connectors are different than the '07-09s.

P

·
0 Posts
Hmm, thanks for the info. I already have the JBL system w/ bluetooth phone though. I wonder if they would interfere with each other.
yes, it would interfere. Toyota's Blu Logic system is intended for non nav, and non-jbl equipped cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really don't mind splicing wires. You think it's really that different? I guess I'd be most worried about the steering wheel button connectors.

yeah i got Navi and bluetooth, and it sucks that i cant stream my music from my phone to the car stereo.....:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
2010 Radios

per Toyota:

The std. radio on the LE and SE is made by Fujitsu Ten and has a LCD panel, not a VFD panel. No Bluetooth of either kind, no SFDARS tuner and no USB adapter but does have a AUX adapter.

The Panasonic Option on the LE, SE is a VFD panel with both bluetooth systems, the USB adapter and SDARS tuner.

The JBL/Fujitsu Ten option on the SE and LE has a VFD Panel, adds the 6 disc CD, amplifier, 8 speaker system, SDARS tuner along with the Bluetooth systems, and USB adAPTER.

The JBL/Denso NAV unit is similar to the JBL except 4 CD changer.

All have 3 levels of ASL settings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the info njerald!

is there an advantage to the VFD panel? I tried to read up on it, but i couldn't find anything specific.

one beef I have with my current camry regular stereo screen is that it is tough to see while wearing polarized sunglasses.

also, what is ASL that you're talking about?
and the SFDARS?

is there any color in the VFD displays or only monochrome. thanks!

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
thanks for the info njerald!

is there an advantage to the VFD panel? I tried to read up on it, but i couldn't find anything specific.

one beef I have with my current camry regular stereo screen is that it is tough to see while wearing polarized sunglasses.

also, what is ASL that you're talking about?
and the SFDARS?

is there any color in the VFD displays or only monochrome. thanks!
Present panel is LCD.

Automatic Sound Level for increase in speed/noise.

Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service - XM Satellite

Color - don't know.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Hmm, thanks for the info. I already have the JBL system w/ bluetooth phone though. I wonder if they would interfere with each other.
Yes. Conflicts are JBL, factory NAV, and accessory XM and Sirius Satellite radio.

Looks easy enough to install with the instruction steps and installation photos.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how does the vacuum fluorescent display (vfd) look at night?

with the regular lcd stereo screen, the whole display is backlit.

however with vfd, the background is black and the text is white. is the text just brighter, or is there some sort of backlight that changes the color of the background?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts