Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get a sensor that has 2 hoses connected to it that's near the water neck on my 95 s-fe? The dealer wants 80 for this.

·
0 Posts
He means the coolant outlet housing. The part he is talking about I think is the VSV.

·
Registered
2020 Camry SE
1,534 Posts
Is it either one of these?

First one is the bi-metalic valve, the second one is the vsv.

·
Ninja wrench anywhere
1,522 Posts
The first one's it.
That's the purge valve for the charcoal canister (although, as other posts have stated, for some reason Toyota calls it the "bi-metallic switching valve") -- lets air through once the coolant gets to a certain temperature, no air through when it's colder. OEM part number 90925-05068 . $80 is obscene -- MSRP is roughly $40 (just bought one from my stealership in the last month, and they always charge list, no more, no less). Should be able to find aftermarket for $20 or less...just search for the OEM part number.

If you're feeling lucky, there's a guy on fleabay selling junkyard pulls for pretty cheap (for some reason, he has them listed as a BVSV, which is a different vacuum switch). I wouldn't really recommend a junkyard pull for this part, 'tho -- the plastic gets really brittle after a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts