Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Camry, 79 Caprice
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had two questions.

It seems that all the lights on my trunk are bad except my license plate lights. I replaced the reverse lights and running lights and non of them work now. I had one reverse before and now nothing. Any idea what i could be?

Also, I like the idea of those VAFC which give the rpms exactly and think it would be a cool feature to add to my car. Just curious if i could pick up the exact "VAFC" for the 4th and 5th gen preludes and plug it into my car. Possible a different brand that would work? Any info at all would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Camry, 79 Caprice
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vafc? the v stands for v-tech. so are you talking about a safc? because that is what you will need.
yes i know they're similar just had no idea what the toyota one was.

·
The womaneater!!!!!!!!!!!
camry gen4th
432 Posts
yes i know they're similar just had no idea what the toyota one was.
you'll have to tune it to get your air fuel ratio right. but you may even get some HP out it.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
there is no better way for your car to run than the way the stock ecu tells it to run... if your car is stock.. or mostly stock.. if you are looking for a tach gauge to read RPMs... even a digital one, get a gauge, not something designed to change the way your engine runs...

you need more fuel (fuel controller) only when you add more air through forced induction or higher rpms / NA build

V-AFC is for V-tec or vvti or any other form of intake varying system other manufacturers use...
S-AFC is for the rest of the cars, which have a continuous intake air flow.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
just to correct....v-afc doesn't work on vvti...just vtec

·
Registered
97 Camry, 79 Caprice
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's good to know. my friend has a VAFC in his Lude and i like how you can scan through and see everything in details. I technically wouldn't want to change settings drastically. Just a nice tool to have in the car

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ if you can pick up an safc for dirt cheap, then go ahead

otherwise, save your money.....it gets old really fast. and annoyingly bright at night too (you can turn down the brightness on the screen, but not on the button). I've had mine hidden under my seat for over 9months since I last street tuned it. And when I put some new stuff on the car and went to fine tune it, I took my safc out and the screen was dead. lol

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
just to correct....v-afc doesn't work on vvti...just vtec
for real? :( awwww thats too bad.. i thought it did. o well...

dude..... seriously if you arent going to put some power adders on the car, dont do it at all...

1. its one more thing to attract a theif...
2. you'll spend more in gas
3. you'll shorten the life of your motor.
4. you'll piss away money for something that won't give you any benefit.

like i said, the stock ecu is tuned to run the car in a stock form or near stock... when you put a turbo or supercharger on the car, then you need more fuel... you dont need more fuel if you have an aftermarket intake or exhaust.. however some people do feel the need to tune their car after intake and exhaust... but its done on a dyno... by professionals.

·
1994 5S-FYOU!
1994 Toyota Camry
1,602 Posts
So i had two questions.

It seems that all the lights on my trunk are bad except my license plate lights. I replaced the reverse lights and running lights and non of them work now. I had one reverse before and now nothing. Any idea what i could be?

Also, I like the idea of those VAFC which give the rpms exactly and think it would be a cool feature to add to my car. Just curious if i could pick up the exact "VAFC" for the 4th and 5th gen preludes and plug it into my car. Possible a different brand that would work? Any info at all would help.

Thanks
#1 - Check your fuse box and any of them that have to do with brake lights or reverse lights check to see if they're burnt or broken, replace if found.

#2 - Rip open one of the upper plastic or carpet panels in the trunk (left or right side depends on the model) and you should see a yellow box. This is the Light Failure Switch. When you find that box, open it up and check for burn marks, replace if found. (junkyard, ebay...etc)

#3 - Check cable connections.. make sure nothing is pinched or torn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts