Toyota Nation Forum banner

Valance bolt size?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sweeneyp 
#1 ·
This is "the silly question of the day" for your amusement.

I've been taking our 2008 HiHy to the dealer for oil changes because they do it for free.
I finally got tired of them trying to always sell additional services (e.g. yearly cabin air filter changes at $60) so I did an oil change myself today.
I see that the easiest way to get to the oil filter is to remove the front valance and the dealer has been doing it that way because many of the bolts and screws are missing.

On the rear of the valence it attaches to threaded holes in a beam under the engine, in 4 or 5 places.
Can anyone tell me the correct bolt for that location? All of mine are missing except in one location which doesn't look like an original. It is some sort of all rusted up self-tapping bolt with little in the way of threads left.
I tried some 5 mm bolts and they start in the holes but only for about a turn, like the threads are wrong.

Thanks for any help. Tom

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, it is 90119-06699. But I cannot find a spec for that to buy it at a hardware store. It looks like they are several bucks each at the local dealer. Much cheaper by mail-order but shipping and handling is $11! Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.