Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 is currenlty apart in my garage right now and i am replaceing the valve cover and the gasket, i decided to go with the most obious place (occording the the jan. 2006 edition of Sport compact car) that is where they said to check. but more to the point.... its said in the write up that it might not be the valve cover at all it said that for some reason toyotas decided to use phillips head type valve cover fasteners, which ment that they never stayed tight and this could cause leaks. they said you could get replacement hex set of fasteners from twos-r-us but when i checked the site i found nothing.... Any suggestions??? thanks!

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
i have the twosrus replacement hex screws and they work awesome. my valve cover has come off a few times and these make life much better than with the old hardware.

-Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea ummm i just ordered the hex bolts..thx for the link and i was wondering if anybody has their urethane bushing kit that twos r us sells and if so what size do you get?? My 2 is a 91 btw... Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts