Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've been on a maxima forum cause I also have a 3rd gen Maxima and I came across a thread about a valve body modification. Basically the modification involves the replacement of the inner springs and moving parts inside the Valve Body to make it more reliable and durable. The end result is a quicker shift, an close to no delay between shifting gears in the automatic transmission. Can this mod be done to our Camrys and has anyone done this before? A shop on LI is having a special for $350 installed this month so I might wanna get in on this but i've never heard of anyone doing this on our cars so any info would be appreciated thanks.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
wait don't get me wrong it would especially to get an lsd stall tourque converter and to adjust the shift points in the tranny.
but what would you get done for that price how would it effect the car?

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shop offers three different stages of upgrade:
stock upgrade-Improves shifting to extend tranny life without sacrificing a comfortable ride.

street/strip- greatly quickens 1-2 shift and slightly quickens 2-3 shift to improve tranny life(especially on vehicles with modified engines) Good for everyday driver/weekend racer looking for sreetable performance.

Race-Very hard 1-2 shift. Car will most likly "chirp" wheels under hard accelertation. Hard shifts will be noticed at all times.

Im still considering this, would anyone in NY be interested in going to the shop with me? Its located in Glen Cove.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Why loose the ride quality?

1) Even with the upgrade and a tranny cooler, this transmission will not hold high power with those "light" mods.

2) Spend your money on the engine to get more power. When you start breaking CV Joints and driveshafts, then upgrade the tranny past an auxillary tranny cooler.

Just my 2 cents, but hey it's your car...

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
From what I understand, VB recalibrating increases fluid pressures in the tranny. The good part is that it reduces slippage which is a recipe for tranny failure. The downside, harsh shifts if you get too aggressive with the recalibrating.

I've wanted to get my VB recalibrated for a long time now. The only problem is that there aren't any shops here that I know of that are familiar enough with Camrys that I trust.

Keep us updated Pt! Very interested.

Edit: btw-you're right, every SC'd A/T Maxima has VB work. Those that don't have their tranny die within a month :disappoin

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yea this is a fairly common procedure to create cripser shifts. Level Ten does it as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts