Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
camry 96
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a venom 400 ecu installed in their gen 3 camry 5sfe. it supposbly adds 25 percent hp in the 1000 to 5000 rpm range. is this true. its only $325

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
It's BS. Doesn't do anything, but empty the wallet.
No Toyota N/A engine has 25% power to gain via the ECU in the first place.

btw for future referance to save you time.
1) use the blinking search button. Everything you want to know has been covered, if not post.
2) noone knows how to change the programming in a Toyota ECM.

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
so, what were the results of chipping the 5sfe...? I have to admit i've been totally curious about that lately...

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
gaak said:
so, what were the results of chipping the 5sfe...? I have to admit i've been totally curious about that lately...
'chipping' rarely ever works. Why? because your ECU's not that far off. If you want to really gain power via electronics, pickup a piggyback and get it dyno tuned and invest in a couple good mods.

·
Registered
30 Posts
gaak said:
It warmed up faster to operating temperature thats about it. Performance was pretty much the same it made the rpms rev up more before shifting in my automatic 94 I4. Sometimes it wouldn't shift into next gear going past 60 so I would have to let go of the gas pedal and then push it back in. It also ran the engine a lot hotter. My opinion: It was poorly programmed. I had the 152 version.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Toysrme said:
It's BS. Doesn't do anything, but empty the wallet.
No Toyota N/A engine has 25% power to gain via the ECU in the first place.

btw for future referance to save you time.
1) use the blinking search button. Everything you want to know has been covered, if not post.
2) noone knows how to change the programming in a Toyota ECM.
Technosquare Inc.
http://www.technosquareinc.com/techtom.htm

They know how to change the toyota ECU programming. Their system uses a rom bypass board, but it does require you to be available to them for a decent amount of street tuning.

·
Registered
Scion TC
202 Posts
just out of curiosity.. is it possible to put in a v6 1mzfe ecu in a 4cyl 5sfe? will there be any gain if its possible?

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
all the venom 400 does is make your car burn rich...therefore wasting more gas in the process

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
KoboChan said:
just out of curiosity.. is it possible to put in a v6 1mzfe ecu in a 4cyl 5sfe? will there be any gain if its possible?
:slap: :disappoin

Think about what your asking.

2 totally different engines and ecus.

The answer is no.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts