Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a frieds house were we where just having a few beers and having a huge laugh after making fun from a friend who brought a screener version of Alien Vs. Predator. The disc would get stuck, audio and video sucked at best and you could even sse the shadow of people when they got up to buy some candy or go to the bathroom.

We couldn't put up with the disc skipping every two seconds so we decided to leave. Together with two other frieds who live near by we decided to go together since we all had to go through the same highway. Now, this is where it begins to get ugly and why some careless people get decent people killed.

This is a 3 lane highway that is lit 75% of the time, the two other cars that are with me are all ahead of me, all of a sudden a [email protected]#% Fiar Palio cuts me off in a unlighted part of the high, I slightly tap the brakes so to give Mr. Fiat a..hole some space.
200 meters down the road the Fiat starts braking like crazy and comes to a complete stop on the fast lane,I try to change lanes but there is this Ford Fiesta on the other lane so I have to brake REALLY hard; I know my car and I know when the wheels will lock so I didn't press the brake pedal anyfurther, all of a sudden the rear tires, some CRAPTASTIC Pirellis P6000, fail to maintain grip and the rear end starts to woble and just about to come around, luckyly I have Potenza tires in the front that helped stop the car and keep the car from spinning.
The HUGE cloud of burnt tire the Pirelli's produced was amazing, I bet that even if I tried to perform a burnout I wouldnt be able to produce so much smoke.

2 secs later after my balls had gone back down from my throat to where they belong and after the cloud of burnt rubber had disipated it was all clear to me why the [email protected]#$ Fiat had stopped in the middle of the fast lane: Some REALLY stupid old mans car broke down, the A..hole didn't even have the brains to turn on his hazard lights nor put out his safety triangle or even light a f... flare; so there he was, a black coloured Mazda, broken down in the darkest part of the highway, with no hazards, flares or triangle and on the fast lane.... Oh... and did I mention there was this flatbed recovery truck parked right after the Mazda starting to recover the car WITHOUT ANY LIGHTS WHATSOEVER...????? Geeeez.

I was really close to getting out of the car with my 14 lbs fire extinguisher and beat the crap out of:
1.- The Fiat, for cutting me off and reducing my braking distance from the car ahead
2.- Old man in the Mazda, for not using his hazard lights when his car had broken down in the middle of the fast lane and on a dark highway
3.- Flatbed recovery truck for also not having any safety or hazzard lights.

What really pisses me off is that if an accident had occured I would probably be blammed for "speeding", wreckless driving and probably man slaughter (since the old mas was standing right behind his car and not on a safe spot) :mad: :mad: :mad:

With all due respect elder people should have their license revoqued after failing to pass certain exams after a certain age. Last wednesday an old lady failed to notice she had put her car on Reverse insted of Drive and run over 5 people in the church parking lot after mass, killing two and seriously injuring the other 3.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
1. Never put two different brand of tires on the same car.
2. Pirelli P6000 is the worst tire I've ever driven in. I would throw them out in an instant.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't like mixing tire brands either but I've been unemployed for awhile and it's been difficult for me to keep the car in the conditions I'd like to, but deffo, the Pirellis are out as soon as I have some cash to get some decent rubber.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Yeah, those are some sucky tires. But Pirelli makes some really nice ones too. However 90% of that companys sales are based on name :rolleyes:

·
Registered
764 Posts
repreat after me: TOYO...TOYO...TOYOOOOOO...

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
wow....good hting you slowed down a bit and gained some space after that guy cut you off first....:thumbup:

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mr2freak said:
repreat after me: TOYO...TOYO...TOYOOOOOO...
Yeah... I know... I know... I used to have T1-S in all four wheels but being the twit that I'am I failed to install the camber bolts after the eibach springs went in :headbang:.
After a while the 0.78 degree of negative camber took its toll on the Toyo and the tires wore out on the inside to the point where you could start to see the steel webbing so for safety I took them off. :disappoin :bash:

But they are back at the top of must-buy list, as soon as I get some money and pay off part of my credit card I'm buying them again.

·
Registered
764 Posts
yeah pay your credit card, then use it again to buy TOYOs
i just installed TOYOs winter tires on my car, and by god, ill never install anythign else than TOYO ever again.
ummmmmm.... proxes RA-1 R....ummmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
don't tire manufacturers rate tire performance based upon accelaration and grip.....not braking??......if ur going fast and have to turn/corner.....plays a factor...

·
Registered
764 Posts
the stickier a tire, teh better teh braking, so a tire thats really good for acceleration is also going to be very good for braking

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rotors are A1... I've had to brake from higher speeds to a complete stop and nothing, its just that this time I had the crapiest tire and like mr2freak said, the stickier the tire the better the braking (God, do I miss my Toyo T1-S), well the crapier the tire the longer the braking distance and probably a spin out too. :mad:

·
Registered
764 Posts
mr2freak likes burning dinosaurs..whatever the form...engine oil, gas or rubber.And rubber on oil is even more fun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts