Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the only one that thinks the SRT4 is a flaming pile of shit? I don't care if it is the fastest car under $20k.... there is probably a reason for that. I can't wait 'til these damn things start exploding. What happened keeping speed for sports cars... jeez... what is the auto industry coming too. No offense to the Camry guys... a lot of you have some bad ass cars... but you made them that way to be unique. Who the hell goes out and says... I want a fast family wagon... yes I'm talking to you STI's, EVO's, SRT4's... etc. etc.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
er uh i want a fast family wagon:hi: hell as soon as i get out of training i'm going awd and tt.

but i see what you mean alot of people who get those cars swear up and down they are the shit but they just bought the damn thing cause they are helpless so give them a break:lol:

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toysrme said:
Dude, go away that's dumb LoL! How many people can afford a sports car and a people mover?

I can't...
Then you don't need a sports car... haha.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Hey phi what is that?

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Phi said:

End of discussion! :D
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! What kinda Ferrari is that??? Some form of a 456??????

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
I love fast Wagons and sedans. I plan to have one as my next car. I could see how people in sports cars would get pissed off by them seeing as how getting their @ss handed to them by one has to be embarassing.

And just for Ishcoleobo, here is a vid of the SRT-4 that is on the Cover of Sport Compact Car this month at my local dragstrip(15 minutes away) running an easy 11 sec 1/4. :thumbup:

http://personalwebs.oakland.edu/~kpporcek/utl6/utl6lightweight1181.MPG

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luxury cars are a different story. Shit... I'd take a S4 or S6 over a lot of cars out there. I dunno... something about a tiny car with over 200hp and a family in the back just doesn't sit right with me.. haha.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I think the fact that its a NEON makes it a pile of shit. :lol:

·
New 2006 Corolla LE owner
1,209 Posts
Ok well I have a neon se 5 speed and have had problems with it. The amt of money I would of spent on repairs if I didnt have warranty I could of bought a winter beater. yes they handle good and have some nice power but also have a lot of problems. All the srt 4 is is a neon with a different body, short throw shifter, big ass spoiler, front and rear stabilizer bars, viper seats, and different guages, and more horses. Thats all thats changed on that. So thats what people are buying. Still a neon with problems.

As for me Im going toyota this time. Dont have all the problems and shitty trade in like neons.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
hey russell, are u venting because an SRT-4 beat you in a race or something ?? :dunno: :confused: :eek::

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a94autoCamry said:
hey russell, are u venting because an SRT-4 beat you in a race or something ?? :dunno: :confused: :eek::
Quiet you... :lol:

Na... there are just like 4 or 5 threads right now talking about them. I did get my ass handed to me at the track by a couple of EVO's... but I don't feel too bad cause my car didn't cost $30k. Not to mention it's easy as hell to corner when you have AWD doing all the word for you :p:. I've said it once and I'll say it again... I like my snap oversteer.

I'll give all three a run for there money once I'm employed again... just need this damn test outta the way. I've got some fun plans cookin for the deuce :D

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
ASG14 said:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! What kinda Ferrari is that??? Some form of a 456??????
Flame me all you want. I think this is cool as hell. I'd rock that so hard!

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
That Ferrari is SICK!

·
Banned
352 Posts
damm that ferrari is crazy, and also evo, sti, and the new neon are ill i think its cool that manufacturers are steppin in and building hot cars to begin with

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
that wagon is niiiiiice but aren't the 456's mr?

i like just about all wagons they all can look bad ass but it matters what is done. i saw the same year wagon as mine yesturday and they look like 2 different models. both were v6 le's but mine sat a bit lower and had a racier look than the stock one.

as for these faster production cars:jerkit: i can care less cause most of them are going to end up wrapped around a tree or pole cause the driver bought a car he can't handle and all he heard at the dealer was "horse power":lol:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts