Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Limited
1,658 Posts
don't get a vent mount. you phone will be too heavy for it and they move around too much so when you touch your phone at all, it will move around.....get one of those magnetic jobbies.

·
Beach dude
12 Highlander SE AWD
308 Posts
I'm not a smart man, but having to look down at your cupholder to see your phone doesn't seem like a good way to keep your eyes on the road.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use a vent holder and it works very well on the vent to the right of the steering wheel. I never use mid-level A/C... If you do, might not work for you. Pixel 3, very little wobble, good height & placement for viewing & occasional tap, eg done navigating, change route, etc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Another problem with the vent mount is if it's winter and you have the heat on it gets the phone really hot. Not good for it. Go to E-Bay and pick up one of the magnetic mount units. Then you can mount it pretty much anywhere . Only about $6.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another problem with the vent mount is if it's winter and you have the heat on it gets the phone really hot. Not good for it. Go to E-Bay and pick up one of the magnetic mount units. Then you can mount it pretty much anywhere . Only about $6.
Maybe it's just me, but I never use the center vents...leave it on windshield and feet. Better half doesn't like air blowing from mid-level vents. Oddly, but good IMO, is that air still comes from the mid-level vent to the left of the steering wheel. I can shut this off with vent slide, or use it as needed for A/C or heat on myself. So I don't have the problem with the vent mount blocking air flow.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not sure how to say this, but I have friends that get the knock off mounts and some of them are great, some... not so great. This is not the only brand I use, but I have their laptop, tablet and phone mounts in my Camry.... Absolutely no issues at all. But you won't get one for $5.99 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2014 Highlander
504 Posts
In my experience the best mounts are from proclipusa.com. There are two options for the Highlander - one above the center vent to the left of the radio and one below the center vent to the right of the radio and angled towards the driver. Both install in existing dash seams and are very solid once mounted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a cheap knock of cup holder model with a tall flex extension for $5 on ebay and it works great. Just check the product reviews and pick the high rated ones with high rated seller.

·
Registered
2019 highlander LE
621 Posts
just ordered the proclip above the center vent. I will get it in 2 weeks, none in stock as today.

"One or more of the parts on your order is currently out of stock. We receive daily shipments from our manufacturer and estimate your order to be shipped in full within 1 - 10 business days. Once your order has been shipped you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a tracking number."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts