·
V6 Cruiser
2005 Camry LE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
I believe the general consensus is that the in-channel ventvisors are better because it will not ruin your door frame if/when it is removed.

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
hmm.. well
i have the 3m tape on mine
and when i took them off there was verryyyy little glue left over
and the residue that was left came off quick and easy w/ goo gone
so in my experience they wont "ruin" your door frame

also check these out.
i have them and nick:D has them

they have a verry nice shape and color

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Camry-4dr-02-03-to-06-vent-shade-window-visor_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1240Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem400044468206QQitemZ400044468206QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
Get the weathertech ones! they are they in channel ones. I actually have a 2 front ones for the camry when we bought it... one came loose so i just took them off

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
In-Channel FTW.

Its easy to install and no worry about residue when removing. My fiancee had the 3M tape stuck to her Accord and it was a bitch to remove. Not to mention, the tape started to wear off and the visor was starting to fall off on the passenger side.

I got WeatherTechs for my car as well as my fiancee's Accord. Any future car we buy or my family will be WeatherTechs. I think my neighbor across the street bought WeatherTechs after they saw mine. They never had it before until I got my car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
hmm.. well
i have them and nick:D has them

they have a verry nice shape and color
^ dang, I wish i have seen your post early...

cause i recently bought some from the seller you mentioned before. and i dont think their shape is as nice as the ones you mentioned here. :headbang:

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
damn...

ya once i was introduced to these,
i jumped on them haha

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i ordered my weathertech inchannel ones last week. just them today and put them on right away. much better than the AVS ones i have on my tC

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Can someone tell me what these things are for?
If its raining, it lets you crack the window open without water getting in...or if your car is parked in the blistering heat, you can crack the window open without people really noticing. Or when you're driving, you can crack the window open without the hollowing wind.

·
V6 Cruiser
2005 Camry LE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the replies guys, In-Channel it is, just to be safe. Is AVS bad or is Weathertech just better? I have the Weathertech floor mats and love em but I have never had experience with AVS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If its raining, it lets you crack the window open without water getting in...or if your car is parked in the blistering heat, you can crack the window open without people really noticing. Or when you're driving, you can crack the window open without the hollowing wind.
Or if you smoke whatever then they are helpfull too.

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, In-Channel it is, just to be safe. Is AVS bad or is Weathertech just better? I have the Weathertech floor mats and love em but I have never had experience with AVS.
Never had AVS but I'm loving my Weathertech's. Its pricey but well worth it. Auto VentShade (AVS) is a product you'll find easily at your local auto store.

From what I read about AVS version.."Greater Visibility - No "Leg" to obstruct the Side View Mirror". The WT does have a leg right next to the mirror. It does not obstruct my view since the mirror is further out and the WT isnt even that big.

The front windows does not use tape to hold it in place. If the AVS has no "leg", I have a feeling it uses tape to hold it in place which is on the inside. The back windows definitely use tape as there is no support to keep it up. The "leg" on the WT is the support.

You can go to weathertech.com to see the video on how to install and you'll see what the leg is.

Windows Media - http://www.weathertech.com/media/sidewindow.asx
RealPlayer - http://www.weathertech.com/media/sidewindow.ram

Here is instructions - http://www.weathertech.com/pdf/instructions/WT__136.pdf

Or if you smoke whatever then they are helpfull too.
That too. No more getting door wet or your stoag

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
hey dcemureviews did your visors have any type of tape you had to use? I dont have any instructions for mine adn i want to reinstall them so im just wondering if you just pop them in or is there any type of tape that is needed. Thanks

1 - 20 of 51 Posts