Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what featureas does the venza have the the Rav4 limited doesn't have and vice versa. Just wanted to know before i chose because it is a 50/50 in my house. My parents like the rav becuase of its hieght and me and my sibiling like the venza because of the look and neat layout inside.

·
Registered
46 Posts
what featureas does the venza have the the Rav4 doesn't have and vice versa. Just wanted to know before i chose because it is a 50/50 in my house. My parents like the rav becuase of its hieght and me and my sibiling like the venza because of the look and neat layout inside.
RAV4 is outdated as it is being replaced next year with an all new model. The Venza offers a much more luxurious experience for it's segment. I'm almost 100% sure the next RAV4 will not get the 3.5L 268hp V6, but instead the newly developed 182hp 2.7L I4. The new RAV4 will likely shrink in size to cater to more of a Subaru Forester crowd. Once you sit inside both, your decision will be made. Venza uses soft-touch dash materials, and high quality plastics throughout the entire interior.

The Venza also has updated safety features and an improved AWD system. Keep in mind, the Venza has exactly the same amount of ground clearance as the Highlander (8.1"), though i'm not entirely sure it is the same as the RAV4. Venza has plenty more features than the RAV4, such as a rear back-up camera and Toyota's latest 6th Generation DVD-based navigation system.

I say go with the Venza, take it for a back-to-back spin with the RAV4 - I reckon Don Valley North Toyota if it's nearby to you. Keep in mind, there is currently a ten to sixteen week waiting list for the V6 AWD models; however some dealers (DVNT) will try their hardest to get their hands on one for you if you've currently got another lease going with another company!

·
Toyota/Scion Salesperson
279 Posts
Wow...we have no wait on Venza's here we have 5 in stock :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 is not much my dealer told me in canada i don't remember if it is the USA also but the dealers are only allowed to order 5 Venza's per month.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you need 7 seats, that's only available on the RAV4

Pricewise, I believe you get more in the Venza than a similarly equipped RAV4;
i.e.
FWD V6 Venza = MSRP $29,970
FWD V6 Venza w/ Premium package = MSRP $31,990
FWD v6 RAV4 Limited = msrp $32,160

Venza FWD V6 Premium includes:
Panoramic roof (vs moonroof on the RAV4)
Power liftgate (vs manual swing-open door)
Backup camera (albeit on a tiny screen)

But RAV4 Limited has push button start, and has more interior cargo volume & better mileage per specs

If your family is considering the 4 cylinder, I think it's even more clear the AWD Venza is a better deal:

AWD Venza I4 MSRP: $29,720
w/ Premium package (i.e. leather) $33,160

AWD RAV4 Limited MSRP: $31,705
w/ leather package MSRP: $33,470

For us, we weren't too crazy about the RAV4's looks nor the swing-open door (otherwise we would've opted for the Suzuki Grand Vitara for thousands less; although the suzuki has pretty bad fuel economy); and there are too many trim levels for the RAV4...gets confusing comparing features

·
Registered
46 Posts
5 is not much my dealer told me in canada i don't remember if it is the USA also but the dealers are only allowed to order 5 Venza's per month.
Really? Don Valley North said they've got some 15+ orders.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It took me a nano-second to make this decision after sitting in both vehicles at the Auto Show. The RAV, as someone mentioned, is dated now and could use a serious makeover. I was not fussy at all about the interior and in terms of overall bang for the buck, the Venza is the clear winner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts