Toyota Nation Forum banner

Venza Decibel Levels

9735 Views 25 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Cowdog360
Hi guys, I'm seriously looking at the new Venza. One thing I am having trouble finding on-line is actual numbered values for the decibel readings in the cabin during driving and such. I'm really curious as to how quiet the car is. All the YouTube reviews just say it's "quiet" with no real figures.

If it's not too much to ask, and anyone with a Venza has a decibel app, I was looking for data at 70mph and WOT (wide open throttle) on just how loud (or quiet) the car truly is.

Thanks in advance!!!(y)
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to test drive a Venza today (I'll provide a detailed write-up on another thread) and we took along a decibel meter app (Decibel X).

2021 Venza Limited
Solid roof (no stargaze)
A/C on low, no radio on
Average highway conditions, dry, 70 mph

We saw 69 dB throughout the cockpit, maybe slightly higher (70-71) by the side windows.

· Registered
2021 Venza Limited - 8000 miles
95 Posts
Hi guys, I'm seriously looking at the new Venza. One thing I am having trouble finding on-line is actual numbered values for the decibel readings in the cabin during driving and such. I'm really curious as to how quiet the car is. All the YouTube reviews just say it's "quiet" with no real figures.

If it's not too much to ask, and anyone with a Venza has a decibel app, I was looking for data at 70mph and WOT (wide open throttle) on just how loud (or quiet) the car truly is.

Thanks in advance!!!(y)
Apart from dB levels, you should consider wind noise that is apparent at highway speeds.

· Registered
7 Posts
I was able to test drive a Venza today (I'll provide a detailed write-up on another thread) and we took along a decibel meter app (Decibel X).

2021 Venza Limited
Solid roof (no stargaze)
A/C on low, no radio on
Average highway conditions, dry, 70 mph

We saw 69 dB throughout the cockpit, maybe slightly higher (70-71) by the side windows.
Very noisy

· Registered
21 Venza Limited
121 Posts
I think part of the noise is from the OEM tires. After driving the demonstrator a couple of times, reading posts, researching CRs, Discount tire and Tirerack, we had Michelin CCs installed before even taking delivery of the Venza Limited.

Yes, the Venza has some wind noise but ride, handling and noise are all negatives of the OEM tires.

Part of the noise is the tires!

· Registered
2021 Venza Limited - 8000 miles
95 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!(y)
A dB level is not the ultimate assessment. It is quantitative, but wind noise, tire noise, highway noises, have characteristics that a dB level won’t pick up except in some sort of averaged fashion. I’d say my Venza limited with the Ecopia standard tires is OK but not great. Leakage around the hatch door was really noisy, but the entire periphery arrangement was replaced under warranty and improved matters.

I’d say I’m still annoyed by noise level in this vehicle. I suspect doors and windows could seal better.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I'm seriously looking at the new Venza. One thing I am having trouble finding on-line is actual numbered values for the decibel readings in the cabin during driving and such. I'm really curious as to how quiet the car is. All the YouTube reviews just say it's "quiet" with no real figures. If it's not too much to ask, and anyone with a Venza has a decibel app, I was looking for data at 70mph and WOT (wide open throttle) on just how loud (or quiet) the car truly is. Thanks in advance!!!(y)
As an engineer I wish I had numbers to share but I can say after owning it a year we are considering selling because of the high road, engine, and wind noise, as well as the unadjustable passenger seat requiring limber moves to get in and out for an avg height person of 5’9”.

· Registered
237 Posts
As an engineer I wish I had numbers to share but I can say after owning it a year we are considering selling because of the high road, engine, and wind noise, as well as the unadjustable passenger seat requiring limber moves to get in and out for an avg height person of 5’9”.
I too feel the same, the fact is I never tried to get in the passenger seat or I wouldn't have it today, noise? it's a little better than most having had a 2017 Honda CRV and a 2020 Passport. My wife has no issues getting in the passenger seat but myself it is nearly impossible. Mileage is great with 42.5 around here for the life of the car and it rides and drives good and has ample room to haul things. I will change the tires out when they wear out, I just turn my hearing aids off on long trips ..... total silence ..... lol

· Registered
126 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!(y)
In my experience it's very much the surface of the road that matters. A beat up coarse road surface doubles the interior noise at highway speeds. I say shop for tires that are rated good for noise by Consumers Reports and Tire Rack's crowd source ratings and testing.

· Registered
126 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!(y)
It is all relative too. Compared to my 16 Prius or my 21 Miata, the Venza is very, very quiet inside.

· Registered
2 Posts
I agree with many of the comments above. My last ride was a 2015 RAV4 Ltd. The '21 Venza is WAY quieter than the last gen RAV, and the ride much more refined, especially over potholed city roads (Seattle). But it is still surprisingly noisy on SOME highway road surfaces. I suspect they held back some sound deadening to keep it separated from Lexius. Very happy with the vehicle overall though, and vastly superior to last gen RAV4.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts