Toyota Nation Forum banner

venza hatch latch stuck

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ilovemytoyota88 
#1 ·
Short of going to the dealer how do I unlock the hatch mechanism when hatch is already open. I mistakenly locked it while hatch was still open. Button under the 'z' nor dash button will unlock it.

#3 · (Edited)
Didnt know thats possible either. My old jeep used to do this and what I did was unlock the door and press the door handle while having someone pull on the latch mechanism with a screw driver or pliers as if it is releasing from the trunk latch hook. Should be pretty easy to flip the latch if that is the problem.

#5 ·
Short of going to the dealer how do I unlock the hatch mechanism when hatch is already open. I mistakenly locked it while hatch was still open. Button under the 'z' nor dash button will unlock it.
Here is the right answer for the next person looking here. This was for a 2013 Toyota Venza. On the drivers side dash, to the left of the pull out change drawer, there is a switch to turn on/off the power lock system. I never even knew this was there after having the Venza for 9 years. Push it in to turn it off. Go the the hatch and use the button that you would normally use to open the hatch without using the key fob. The lock should open and you can now shut the hatch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.