Toyota Nation Forum banner

Venza High Beam stop working *HELP*

27K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Daijoubu 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, few weeks ago high beams stop working. Also, DRL doesn't work. I've tried everything... change bulbs and check the fuse and they are very well. I've tried to found the relay but I don't know where is located. I found 2 relays under the steering wheel but belongs to fog lights and lower beams. I would like to know where the relay or the DRL module is located? Thanks.

#8 ·
Hello everyone, which one of these parts is the right one?

82720-0T020 or 82720-0T010

20 being the whole junction box and 10 the part.

Saludos a todos! Soy de Dorado Puerto Rico.

Cuál de los dos números de parte es la correcta para el problema con las luces largas?

82720-0T020 es la caja de fusibles completa y 82720-0T020 es la otra parte que sale en las fotos que ataché.

Geacias!

Attachments

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hola,soy de Florida PR.A mi 2009 le sucedió ,le cambien el módulo y se arreglo el problema.Lo compre por internet en la Toyota de Miami por $163.45 y lo cambie yo mismo pues va en la caja de fusibles en él área del motor.Saludos

Hi, I'm from Florida PR. My 2009 had this happened, I changed the module and fixed the problem. I bought it online in the Miami Toyota for $ 163.45 and I
changed it myself as it goes in the fuse box in the area of ​​the motor. Greetings

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hola,soy de Florida PR.A mi 2009 le sucedió ,le cambien el módulo y se arreglo el problema.Lo compre por internet en la Toyota de Miami por $163.45 y lo cambie yo mismo pues va en la caja de fusibles en él área del motor.Saludos

Hi, I'm from Florida PR. My 2009 had this happened, I changed the module and fixed the problem. I bought it online in the Miami Toyota for $ 163.45 and I
changed it myself as it goes in the fuse box in the area of the motor. Greetings
Saludos, tengo una Toyota Venza 2010 3.5L y hace algunos días no me funcionan las luces cortas de día y ayer por la noche las luces largas dejaron de funcionar. Lei que cambiaste un módulo que me imagino va debajo de la caja de fusibles que esta en el motor, por favor si no me corriges. Por cual nombre lo consigo en el internet, gracias.

Greetings, I have a Toyota Venza 2010 3.5L and a few days ago the short day lights don't work for me and last night the long lights stopped working. I read that you changed a module that I imagine goes under the fuse box that is in the motor, please if you don't correct me. By what name do I get it on the internet, thanks.

#29 ·
Hola, yo cambie esta pieza y la compre en el mismo lugar pero la guagua no prende. Contacte al vendedor y me mencionó que la pieza es la correcta para mi venza.
Hi, I bought the same part and after replacing it the car won’t start. I contact the seller and he said the part is the correct one for my venza.

#11 ·
I’ve recently replaced my driver side rear differential axel seal due to it leaking and topped off the rear differential with gear oil. After replacing the seal and cleaning off oil spills, I still noticed a drip of gear oil on my driveway. To my surprised the oil is coming out of a breather hose attached to the differential and into the rear of the car near my spare tire (please see pics). I inspected the breather plug to ensure the cap rotated and moves freely and it does, so I “think” the breather plug should be fine. Has anyone had this problem before and what would be the fix, thank you in advance!

Attachments

#19 ·
I don’t recall the exact pat number but I would def purchase it form your local Toyota dealer that way you know for sure you have the right one. Part cost was very minimum like in the $10 range. Yes we repacked it ourselfs,I hadn’t brother so it who is a bit more mechanically inclined then me. He first marked the drive shaft to make sure it goes back on the same way. Removed the 4 bolts. Remove one of the control arm hangers to drop the control are causing it to come out of the electro coupling (I think it’s called). Remove the electro coupling and just swap out the seal. He placed the seal but didn’t push it all the way because when you put the electro coupling back on it will set it in place. We were able to do it did it on jack stand. You’ll need and oil pan as well for the gear oil that comes out. When you refill the differential ensure the car is level. Oil can be purchase and any local auto part. Hope that helps

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Amigo me podrias dar una llamada te voy agradecer 7879510709 mi nombre es angel luis rodriguez y soy policía aqui en pr tengo problemas con la venza y compre la pieza pero no me atrevo a instalarla me gustaria q me dieras unos tips de como hacerlo ya q aqui me estan cobrando 200 por montarla

Friend could you give me a call I will thank you 7879510709 my name is angel luis rodriguez and I am a policeman here in pr I have problems with the expiration and I bought the piece but I dare not install it I would like you to give me some tips on how to do it and here they are charging me 200 to ride it

#25 ·
Hi!
I have the same trouble with my venza, the rear viscous was leaking, so I replace the seal. After replace it, I discover oil in the trunk, it seems to be the same problem as you had. The mechanic told me that The vent tube was not in the good place. I don’t understand why the oil go there.
Someone have an idea for my problem?

the smells is very bad.

#26 ·
If you follow the vent tube from your trunk, it goes into your elecrto-magnetic coupler. The electro-magnetic coupler is bolted to your rear differential. There shouldn’t be any oil in the electro-magnetic coupler. What prevents oil from coming from the rear differential into the electro-magnetic coupler is the “rear pinion seal”, therefore it’s leaking through your seal and into the electro-magnetic coupler. The pressure causes the oil to go through the vent tube and into your trunk.

I temporarily rigged a small rubber hose into a plastic bottle. I connected the hose to the vent tube in the trunk to collect any oil to prevent spillage into the trunk.

I hope this helped

#27 ·
Saludos, soy de la Florida y también tengo el mismo problema con mi Venza 2010 3.5L. Le compré e instalé el modulo del cual están hablando pero no me funcionó. Verifiqué todos los fusibles de la caja de fusibles en el motor y dentro del carro pero todos están bien. Creo que voy a terminar yendo a un dealer Toyota y estoy seguro que me van a estafar. Si alguien me puede dar alguna sugerencia se lo voy agradecer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.