Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any new owners of the Venza V6 What are you really gettingt for mileage. Not the EPA real life fiqures Please
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
V6 2WD numbers

I've been driving ours for about a month now and here is what I have been getting.

Highway 65MPH => ~26
Highway 75MPH => ~24
Combined City + Highway => ~22-23
Around Town (30 - 55MPH) => ~20-21

It has been pretty impressive so far.

Also very impressed with the performance in the snow. Drove it last week in ~ 6" of snow and the 2WD never missed a beat!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
We purchased our Venza on Friday, December 5th (so, we've had it for three weeks).

I've been keeping track each time I filled-up:

Friday, Dec 12 (263 miles / 16.0 gal = ~16.4 miles per gallon)
Friday, Dec 19 (298 miles / 16.0 gal = ~18.5 miles per gallon)
Friday, Dec 26 (261 miles / 15.75 gal = ~16.5 miles per gallon)

V6 (AWD)

So, average of 17 miles per gal. This is all city driving with many of those days in several inches of snow or more.

I too have been rather impressed on how well it handled in the snow. We got 11 plus inches of snow on Friday, Dec 19th, and had no problems getting through it all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
We just got a FWD. On Christmas day we averaged 25.7MPG on the display on a 180 mile round trip run at about 70MPH. I don't know how accurate it is.

It only had 100 miles when we started, so it should get better as it gets broken in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I've put approx. 700 miles on my Venza thus far. I would say about 70% of that has been highway driving between 70-80mph. The other 30% was city/suburbs driving in snowy conditions. With all that factored in I'm getting right around 20 mpg, which isn't too impressive compared to what they are advertising.

On an all highway trip, traveling an average of 75 mph I received around 22.5 mpg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
I've put approx. 700 miles on my Venza thus far. I would say about 70% of that has been highway driving between 70-80mph. The other 30% was city/suburbs driving in snowy conditions. With all that factored in I'm getting right around 20 mpg, which isn't too impressive compared to what they are advertising.

On an all highway trip, traveling an average of 75 mph I received around 22.5 mpg.
Don't want to sound like an A$$ or anything but you have to slow the car down if you want the good MPG. No vehicle is going to return good MPG going that fast.

My 07 Tundra with the 5.7L V8 gets its best MPG around 65 MPH. My 09 Corolla gets its best MPG at 68 MPH...we are talking highway speeds.

The way the person behind the wheel drives has the biggest impact on MPG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Anyone that drives the speed limit have some numbers to share??

Im going to my dealer tomorrow and can't decide between the v4 or v6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
6 or 4

There's only 1 mpg difference between the EPA ratings. (oops that 's between the AWD and the FWD) I went for the V6 because I wanted more control with the AWD and the higher towing rating. Or maybe I just didn't want to wait for the 4 banger to come out and I was sucked into the 20" wheels... I think for cost there's maybe 2 grand between the two. Here's a link with some data for you:
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-toyota-venza-3.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Mpg

My last trip to LA from Sedona & back 3/30 - 4/3/09

Best was 29MPG

Average 24.2 MPG

Lowest 16.3 MPG climbing a long hill at 75 MPH

Love The Venza.:clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
My real world experience on level midwestern roads:

Camry V6 @ 65 MPH = 29 MPG
Venza V6 @ 65 MPH = 27 MPG
Highlander V6 @ 65 MPH = 25 MPG

Add 2 MPG if going 55 MPH

Subtract 2 MPG if going 75 MPH

Anyone who says they get maximum MPG above 60 MPH has never tested their car at 55 MPH or slower because best MPG has been and always will be at 40-50 MPH.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
AWD V6 mileage

3,000 miles. 24-26 around town and on the highway at 75. Part of me wishes I had waited for the 4 to get a couple more mpg, but the 6 is definitely a hot rod when you put your foot into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Good to see some real world numbers. My driving is mostly highway, so I think I might see 30mpg in an AWD 4cyl.
I would say definitely yes if you keep it under 70. My best tank with the awd 6 was 29, but that was with very favorable conditions. I usually do no better than 26, and I tend to be pretty light-footed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
I would say definitely yes if you keep it under 70. My best tank with the awd 6 was 29, but that was with very favorable conditions. I usually do no better than 26, and I tend to be pretty light-footed.
My "highway" driving is 55mph rural WV roads. I beat the old EPA estimate on my GTI from March through October of 32mpg and I do make the most of onramps when I'm driving on the interstate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Wow that's quite amazing how some of you are getting 25 and up,

I get 24-25 mpg mixed driving with my light 04' toyota matrix, how does that work out? hm..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Wow that's quite amazing how some of you are getting 25 and up,

I get 24-25 mpg mixed driving with my light 04' toyota matrix, how does that work out? hm..
Transmission. Compare Highlander vs Venza with the same 6. Venza is rated about 10% higher because it has a 6-spd vs Highlander's 5-spd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
My parent recently purchased a v6 (non-awd). On a 50/50 tank my dad said that he got 24.7 mpg (and that is using calculator - not on board computer). On a recent trip that was more highway he got 26.0. My parents are not road warriors but they do drive 5 over the limit so it is not simply just babying it all the time. I bet if you added 2 psi to the tires you might be able to squeeze out another mpg or two, if you are lucky. These mileage figures were without a/c and not that windy from what I remember.
 
1 - 20 of 273 Posts
About this Discussion
272 Replies
109 Participants
Tarmactrekker
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top