Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i know that for a turbo setup, u would need a intercooler...

my qn is, there is a intercooler/radiator looking thing in my baby, is but the air flow doesn't go thru there.

so i would guess that i am unable to use that as my intercooler for the turbo setup,

may i check what that thing is for and would i still need to keep that there when i mount my intercooler infront of the radiator thingy...

sorry for such noobish question.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
An intercooler isn't a must... but you need it if you want to run more than 5 or 6lbs. You could do a stock top mount IC from and all-trac.... but a front mount would def. be more efficient. Yea... the radiator isn't an intercooler... intercooler goes in front of that.

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, so i still got to keep the radiator, and still have to find a space infront of it to mount my intercooler rite.

thanx.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I suggest you don't turbo that car. If you don't know what the radiator is, or even if its the a/c condensor, you shouldn't have a turbo set up cause you're obviously NOT a car person, therefore you will spend a TON of money on labour. Just a heads up.

John

·
Registered
443 Posts
on a lighternote, my radiator has a "lifetime warantie" sticker on it... wounder if i can sucker some big corpiration out of a free radiator.. (mine isnt looking so good, dosent leek yet.. ) NOCK ON WOOD!#%@#^

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for the suggestion. i'm trying to read up as much as i can and get more info....

i wanna give it a shot, and if i really fail, i'll just sell away the parts that i've collected...

i wanna have the satisfaction of building up my car.

so i'll be seeking help from u guys here, hope that u guys can help me out here and there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts