Toyota Nation Forum banner

Vibration at...

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  CharmCityES 
#1 ·
I have some vibration at certain 80mph. Could low tread be the culprit? I also noticed that my car was swaying a lot on the highway. I know lowering my car would be help..I also know that my car is aligned correctly..

#5 ·
Yea I'm pretty sure its the balance, but i just wanted to get second opinions..Thanx...Also if i'm gonna need new tires i might as well get rims

#6 ·
Just get your tires re-balance and double check the allignment too, but do it ASAP before the tires get worse. And it shouldn't be swaying, I drove my LE up to 90 mph without lowering, stock wheels, no problem.

#13 ·
Got the car yesterday. They said it was due to tire balance and I paid $50 to get all 4 of them road balanced. Took it out on the highway and same problem as before. I will be taking it in again this weekend. The vehicle has 20K and tires have been rotated and balanced 4 months prior to this. The car has had the vibration issue since day one.

#15 ·
try having the tires balenced...most of the time vibrations are caused by out of balence tires.
most techs go by the rule that when tires are balenced, the wheels with the least weight applied go up front...maybe the more weighted wheels made their way up front with the roatation, and are now causing this vibration
if this does not solve the issue, an alignment may be needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.