Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my summer tires and was having a major vibration from 105km/h to 130km/h. Took it back and had the tires balanced. That fixed the issue but I still feel a slite vibration at 120km/h and when I am on a highway curve that is turning to the left seems to happen at any speed above 100km/h.

Question is:

Could it be my shocks/springs causing any the vibration issue (thinking the 120km issue could be this) or could it be my rotors specifically for the left turn.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Dream Theater
170 Posts
Try getting a 4-wheel alignment. As for the slight vibration, check to see if one of your rims are bent, cuz after I got my balance and alignment done, the car still vibrated around 60mph, then I realized one of my rims were slightly bent.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the guy said that my one rim was slightly warped. But it sits on the passenger side rear which the tech said was the best place for it. So that may be causing some of the issues.

Thanks

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Have you rotated your tires at proper intervals? If not the could have un-even wear.

90% of the time vibration at speed on a car that's in good shape is from the tires.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the tires last summer so I only put 10k on them they are directional tires so they were rotated back to front this year when I put them on. But that does make sense it is only a slight vibration.

I have to admit I was hoping someone would come out with a suggestion that it was related to my shocks/springs to add to my list of reasons to convince my wife why I need to spend the money ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
First off alignments themselves dont correct any vibrations. Now bad tire wear due to a bad alignment can cause a vibration. If the wheels are straight and the tires are correctly balanced you probably have a roadforce variation problem. Thats a stiff spot in the sidewall causeing the tire to deflect off the road in that spot. Some machines, i use a hunter model, can detect this and help minimize it by turning the tire on the rim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts