Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched.. came up empty handed..

2002 camry 3.0l v6
stock suspension
stock 18" bbs rims
fairly new toyo proxies
alignment - couple weeks ago
balance - couple weeks ago

as the title states, the problem is a vibration when accelerating. its in the driveline for sure. neutral along with slight and heavy revving is perfectly smooth. letting off the gas at any speed alleviates the vibration. unfortunately the car is like 2k out of warranty. this after bringing it in before the warranty was up to get this problem checked out and the dealer told me they couldn't find anything wrong with the car. the vibration is getting worse by the day and its going to go soon i'm sure.

my question is - what possible things am i looking at getting fixed here?

any help/insight is much appreciated - thanks!

·
Registered
Lexus ES 250
158 Posts
Seriously, ditch the Toyo Proxies. Junk, junk, junk. At both Lexus dealerships I've been at, we don't even stock them as a factory replacement tire. I'm not sure if thats the problem, but I would start there. Is there a way you could have the dealership swap some other tires on there....see if it goes away? Did the problem start when you got the new tires...or soon afterwards?

·
the architect
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm.. i'm a pretty big stickler on tires and i can say that these are some of the best i've had. great stick. smooth. no road noise. cuts through water like a hot knife through butter. what experience do you have riding on them? because it sounds like zero, sorry.. if it was tires it wouldn't smooth out at higher speeds.. (and if the car didn't have a gov it would go faster than 120..).. if i were rockin some continentials or khumos i might agree with you..

*anyway*........

its not the tires.. this problem has been one i've had since i got the car (brand new with 8 miles on the dial upon taking delivery). it started out as a slight shimmy at 40mph (pegged) and after both axles were replaced under warranty with no change (on mich tires) i pretty much gave up on getting it fixed as it wasn't 'that bad'. its only been the past 6 months or so that its been getting worse. no. it didn't happen when i got the tires. it happened because i drive the piss out of the car and have been slowly making whatever is wrong with it worse. the only thing that happened when i got the new tires was it actually ran smoother for a while and the traction improved significantly.

it's obviously in the driveline.. i was just hoping someone would be kind enough to give me an idea of what it could be and what i'm looking at needing to replace .. i know enough to rule out tires, balance, engine but not tranny, drive shaft(s), cv's, bearings/hub and anything else that is associated.. if anything..

only thing else it *could* be are my rims - they've been curbed more than once but a long long time ago by my ex cokehead g/f and back then i didn't notice any of the probs i'm seeing now as a result of her shitty driving.. though i did have a problem with my last car (that was curbed too) shaking due to a bent suspension part..

thanks for the feedback..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts