Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been having issues with vibrations for a long time now. i have 98 camry 4 cylinder 130k miles, the shaking will start after 30mph every time i step on the gas, over 40mph cruising i can feel a slight shaking. it has been shaking pretty bad that i cannot drive on the freeway local only. i can feel the shaking in the seats, dashboard, car frame, but not the pedals

i have changed the passenger axle and all the motor mounts except the transmission. i do notice my front tires are worn in the inside but barely i caught it early, is it an alignment problem?

i've been to 7 different shop and they all told me different things such as, motor mounts, axle, transmission, rack and pinion.

it would be great any i can get some advice on what the problem is, thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
There's a long list of things that can cause vibration like that...

Tire imbalance
defective tire
bent rim
warped brake rotors - does it get worse if you feather the brakes?
bad wheel bearings
loose tie rod ends
ball joints worn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice. i was wondering if anyone knew what device is connected to the engine right above the rear motor mount. i think in the process of replacing the rear motor mount i broke the connector to that device. i am think of replacing it but i can't find any information on what it is. there is 2 wires from the harness that connects to the device to the engine, i'm guessing its some kind of value or regulator?

·
Registered
98 Camry,91 CelicaGT
169 Posts
thanks for the advice. i was wondering if anyone knew what device is connected to the engine right above the rear motor mount. i think in the process of replacing the rear motor mount i broke the connector to that device. i am think of replacing it but i can't find any information on what it is. there is 2 wires from the harness that connects to the device to the engine, i'm guessing its some kind of value or regulator?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts