Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 n/a mr2
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was Wondering What Body Kit You Guys Think Would Look The Best, Fit The Best, If You Have To Do Any Real Mods Besides Molding Them. I HAve A 91 N/a Mr2
Thanx!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan @ 410 Auto Wrecking

·
Registered
383 Posts
I prefer the widebody, but don't particularly care for either one. I've heard the wbk is quite a bit of work. I think the Veilside more or less bolts on, or at least doesn't require as much molding. With either one, you better get the horsepower to back up that look, or learn to swallow your pride at the stoplight. You will get picked on a lot with a crazy body kit.

·
Registered
91 n/a mr2
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i know i want to do the 3sgte swap because my motor is allready out of the car and the cars not put together yet but i dont know if i want to lay down that kind of money. i am also thinking about doing the v6 because my dad owns a toyota wrecking yard and he has an avalon out there right now with a good motor but the v6 sounds like alot more work and $$$$. so maby i will look into the 3sgte i heard you need intercooler/piping, ecu, axles, hubs, brake rotors pads, exhaust so i dont really have an idea how much money it would cost to the swap. if anybody knows how much $$$$$ let me know thanks

·
MAX BOOST!!!!!!!
1992 Toyota Mr2
160 Posts
stay true to toyota and get the TRD widebody. to me it looks better, but i have heard that it puts alot of weight on the car. and i would have to agree with andyb16 and get some hp on that car. :eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
91 n/a mr2
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just found a place that has the vader style kit for $485 shipped so im prolly gunna have to order it up:D

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
mr2_dori said:
stay true to toyota and get the TRD widebody. to me it looks better, but i have heard that it puts alot of weight on the car. and i would have to agree with andyb16 and get some hp on that car. :eek:hyeah:
Redlands.... you dont drive a red widebody do you?

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
I'm really not partial to the Veilside as it looks the same on every car (MR2, RX7, Eclipse, etc..) They all just look like "Veilside" instead of their own look.

Although I like the TRD WBK, it would rob aerodynamic performance unless you had the power (& tires) to justify increasing the drag that much.

Hyde's getting some new body work done ... will be unveiled soon.
The emphasis is on aerodynamic functioning over stlye, but I think it will manage to maintain some style ;)

MR2crazybyong, just checked out your project on your cardomain pages. Very impressive work you have going on there ;) Are you on MR2OC.com? If so, what's your board name there? Ever post pics of your projecti nt he show-n-shine forum there?

·
Wazzuup!
Toyota MR2 Turbo
212 Posts
hahaha.. man, what a headache it is, i cant even feel the pain anymore.. but on the other hand its also fun.. well anyway, im getting there..just have to do the front flares then it would be ready for paint.. oh, and i have to redesign the hinges.. they dont open wide enough..

·
Wazzuup!
Toyota MR2 Turbo
212 Posts
thanx J&H! cant wait to see what your car will look like! my board name at MR2OC.com is the same as in here but i seldom post there.. just surf around alot.. maybe ill post more often there too.. hehe.. and i havent posted pic either.. damn, you have a suspense going on there J&H, especially with that sig of yours!! hehe.. hope it will turn out just we way you want it..

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
Thanks man ... I think you should post photos of your (at least) your front end in the show-n0shine forum over there. I think you will really get people excited and forget the naysayers that are bound to say something unfriendly.

As for Hyde, I am sure the results are going to be what we expect ... the only thing that will be more exciting than the new look will be the first test of the new look. ;)

...sorry, can't say anymore for now!

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
WBK all the way..but please do it properly and get rims that will fit....veilside kits make our cars look like sucker fish.....

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
mr2_dori said:
no i don't sir, do you no somw people in redlands.
I work in Colton / Grand Terrace area. There is a Red WB MR2 that belongs to someone out there.... I see it all the damn time. But I never drive my 2.... so its kinda weird saying hi. hah.

·
Registered
500 Posts
mr2rider91 said:
ya i know i want to do the 3sgte swap because my motor is allready out of the car and the cars not put together yet but i dont know if i want to lay down that kind of money. i am also thinking about doing the v6 because my dad owns a toyota wrecking yard and he has an avalon out there right now with a good motor but the v6 sounds like alot more work and $$$$. so maby i will look into the 3sgte i heard you need intercooler/piping, ecu, axles, hubs, brake rotors pads, exhaust so i dont really have an idea how much money it would cost to the swap. if anybody knows how much $$$$$ let me know thanks
I wouldn't necessarily write off the v6 conversion. I'm helping a friend drop a 1mz out of a '96 Avalon into his '91 NA and it's looking like we should be able to get the whole thing done for approximately $1500, or less, doing the majority of the labor ourselves.

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Yup, the V6 conversion can be quite inexpensive, I have WAY less money in my engine than I do in the body of the car, and the body is FAR from done.

As far as the body kits go, I have the TRD2000 on my car and I also have a ACTUAL VeilSide (not a copy) kit here at the shop. I have to say that the VeilSide is MUCH better quality and fits up much better out of the box. Remember with body kits you almost always get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts