Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
93 Camry XLE
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Pennsylvania . I purchased a 1993 camry v6 xle. In order to register it in Pa I was told I needed an etching of the vin# . The only problem is on a 93 camry you cannot get to the vin# on the winshield because the dash is right up on it. They will not accept a copy or the sticker from the passenger door with the vin# on it. They want an etching on a piece of paper. my question is is there any where else on the camry with a vin# on it? I heard there supposed to be one in the engine compartment..I looked for it but couldnt find it any idea?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
that is very strange, i've registered many vehicles at auto tag places in PA, and all i need is the old vehicle title with seller's signature, sometime the bill of sales, and the seller doesn't have to be there with you, proof of insurance on any of your existing vehicle.
the old vehicle title should have the vin#, unless you are doing a special construct vehicle, or a salvage/rebuild title.

·
93 Camry XLE
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checked with dmv and yes in PA now you need to get vin# verified even if you have the title.So they say I have to take it to a garage that does inspection because it is an out of state vehicle.That sucks..Midas says take 10 seconds..but guess what I have to pay..it's a money scheem..one more reason to leave PA

·
O-Dark-30
93 Camry Le
409 Posts
checked with dmv and yes in PA now you need to get vin# verified even if you have the title.So they say I have to take it to a garage that does inspection because it is an out of state vehicle.That sucks..Midas says take 10 seconds..but guess what I have to pay..it's a money scheem..one more reason to leave PA
Plus there are too many damn Amish folk........LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Look on the firewall just left of the wiper motor. On my '92 ( Japan built ) it's stamped svx-10 - xxxxxx ( the last six digits of the vin ) . Maybe yours has the complete vin there if USA built?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i just bought my gen5 camry on March 9th 2009, the previous owner's vehicle was registered in New Mexico, and recently moved to Delaware, he signed seller signature section on the New mexico title, i brought the title to auto tag place in philly , paid the sale tax and documentation fee, took the pink copy of the paper to a PA emision and inspection shop, paid another $75 on and got two stickers on windowshield, called my insurance and added the vehicle to my policy, done, now waiting for Harrisburg to send me the new title and registration.

no one asked me to get etching of vin#

i didn't know yours was that complicated.

·
Registered
2000 Camry
220 Posts
I was in the engine bay today and found the vin. On my 4 cylinder it is on the other side of the exhaust manifold. The same surface as the oil filter.

You could get an imprint off of that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was in the engine bay today and found the vin. On my 4 cylinder it is on the other side of the exhaust manifold. The same surface as the oil filter.

You could get an imprint off of that.
I agree, If you have the original engine block there is a stamped plate rivited to the block.

I have a pic of the area, but it wont let me post it from screen capture.

PM me if you need it.

If you are looking at the engine it should be down low on the block, just to the right of the front pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts