Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just tried the rims off of my '94 vision tsi on my camry that is waiting for a frontend and they fit! the rims are 16" and prob like 7" wide or more. the tires are 225/60/16's. i dont know the offset. the tires look like they might rub the wheelwells when going over bumbs or w/ people in the back...i haven't tried them on the front yet to see if they rub. but i'll try tomorrow.
also...i snapped a lugstud on one of the rear hubs...are the rotors removable like the front...or do i have to remove the whole hub assembly?

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
on the rear they will rub, they rub on mine and i have 3rd gen supra rims specs: 225/50/16... started ripping small amounts of tire off... so im gonna get the inner part of the fender rolled in

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
that depends on wheel offset. youd expect old supra wheels to rub because their offset is a lot more positive (i think thats the right way) then our camry's.you can fit 225+ on a camry as long as the offset is right. put them on to find out. also check the hub size, if the hub size isnt correct, get hub centering..errr hubs for it otherwise the wheel wont be centered properly and itll be lumpy and all the car weight will be on the lugs not the hub =)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm planning on lowering the car in the future after i get it back on the road. so what size tire is good on a 16" rim w/ a 1.5" lowering kit. like low profile tires? or somthing else? i really love these rims b/c they are wide and i want more meat to the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts