Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the following under " Yaris Tips and Tricks "

Get rid of your green dash lights and go white by removing the little green covers on the dash bulbs. it takes about two minutes. I think it looks a lot better.

My dash bulbs are very dim making it hard to see them at night and I would like to change them. Can anyone tell me how to remove the dash so I can get to the bulbs ?

Thanks
cypriana

·
Registered
112 Posts
usually bulbs just burn out and don't work at all. this may be a dumb question but could the problem be at the dash light dimmer knob?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

This may sound an even dumber question. Where is is the dimmer control? We have only had the Vitz for a few months and are still finding our way around it. I thought there should be some sort of dimming control but so far I have not found it. Perhaps this model does not have it?

Any suggestion on how to get to the bulbs would be appreciated.

Cypriana

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

This may sound an even dumber question. Where is is the dimmer control? We have only had the Vitz for a few months and are still finding our way around it. I thought there should be some sort of dimming control but so far I have not found it. Perhaps this model does not have it?

Any suggestion on how to get to the bulbs would be appreciated.

Cypriana
the dimmer knob is on the dash close to the driver side door on mine. there is also a button on the centre instrument cluster which makes the display brighter, presumably for when the sunlight is shining on the instruments. perhaps a trip to the dealer may help. I'd hate to have to open up the dash if I didn't have to

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the dimmer knob is on the dash close to the driver side door on mine. there is also a button on the centre instrument cluster which makes the display brighter, presumably for when the sunlight is shining on the instruments. perhaps a trip to the dealer may help. I'd hate to have to open up the dash if I didn't have to
Thanks but I don't appear to have either a dimmer knob or display brightener button on the centre cluster.
BTW the car radio is only good on FM for Japanese frequencies, i.e it does not cover Cyprus, UK or any European FM channels, so I took it round to a chap who fitted a band expander, which fits between the aerial and the input for the aerial on the radio. The theory is that this gadget will alllow reception of higher frequencies, though the display remains the same. I was a little sceptical but half an hour later it was fitted and it works fine. The reason for this ramble is that he had to take the centre dashboard off so I got him to replace the bulbs as well.
Now I can listen to BFBS here and can see what the dashboard controls look like at night now.

Cypriana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts