Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Did the update via USB, no change. I've also been having issues with the VR system.

Does anyone know the difference between over the air updates and USB updates? My head unit did an over the air update about 2 weeks ago. I see no difference in anything between the two updates

·
Registered
597 Posts
Does anyone know how to reset the entire entune system? Does the dealer have to do it? I'm having all sorts of issues with the head unit. Updating did nothing

·
Registered
2015 Camry XSE
143 Posts
This morning had a "mandatory" Entune over the air update as I was warming the car up to go to work. Let it download and install without issues. Turned the car off an back on to reboot everything and tried my voice commands. Initially they weren't working - tried probably a minute after restarting the car. Tried it a couple minutes later as I was driving and it worked like it used to. Another bullet dodged!

·
Registered
597 Posts
This morning had a "mandatory" Entune over the air update as I was warming the car up to go to work. Let it download and install without issues. Turned the car off an back on to reboot everything and tried my voice commands. Initially they weren't working - tried probably a minute after restarting the car. Tried it a couple minutes later as I was driving and it worked like it used to. Another bullet dodged!
Yep. Had an Ota update today also. Fixed the voice recognition and also the incoming text issue. Toyota must've had many many complaints to get a fix out so quickly.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have a 2017 LE and was wondering if these auto updates happen with all entune systems or just the premium units?
Over the air updates will only be for the premium units. They may have a USB update for basic entune. Click the link in the previous reply and you can check your vehicle

·
Registered
278 Posts
Voice Recognition in these cars is unspeakably bad anyway, you're really missing nothing. I mean nothing. My 2013 sienna's voice recognition is garbage, totally unusable. My 2015 Avalon's voice recognition is garbage, totally unusable.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Turned the car off an back on to reboot everything and tried my voice commands. Initially they weren't working - tried probably a minute after restarting the car. Tried it a couple minutes later as I was driving and it worked
Voice recognition never works immediately after you first start the car, it always takes approximately two minutes.

You can reboot the system without shutting off the car by pressing and holding the PWR VOL knob for 3-5 seconds.

Voice recognition works really well for phone calls ... hit and miss if you want to navigate somewhere other than McDonald's or KFC 🙂 if you use key word prompts given in her samples, it gets better.

·
Registered
2015 Camry XSE
143 Posts
Voice recognition never works immediately after you first start the car, it always takes approximately two minutes.

You can reboot the system without shutting off the car by pressing and holding the PWR VOL knob for 3-5 seconds.

Voice recognition works really well for phone calls ... hit and miss if you want to navigate somewhere other than McDonald's or KFC 🙂 if you use key word prompts given in her samples, it gets better.

Cars are becoming more and more like computers - they take longer and longer to boot. Unfortunately that makes sense because the the number of processors in a newer car to control all the various functions increases all the time. *sigh*

Yeah, I assumed there would be some short of shortcut, but I wanted to make sure everything got rebooted to be absolutely, positively, damn certain I gave everything a chance to fail! >:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is now fixed

I had to go to the dealership and get them to look at it because they never fixed it last fall when I brought my 2016 Camry XLE in when it was still under warranty.

I had unpaired my phone multiple times per the instructions but it never changed anything.

The notes from the service department show that my radio had never been updated and a new software was released earlier this year. The radio was updated and voice command was re-learned and the problem was resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solved

Called support and they said unpair the phone (Galaxy S7 for me) from car.

Go to car and remove phone from Entune, Apps - setup - Bluetooth - remove.

Delete personal data from car. Apps - setup - general - scroll down to 'Delete Personal Data and follow prompts.

After I repaired phone I immediately received another over air mandatory update.

Voice recognition back up and running.
This fixed my problem!!! Thank you ♡

21 - 32 of 32 Posts