The Fury
Corolla S
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
B.S.

Restricts airflow, does absolutely nothing. End of story.

Their numbers they give for 35% increase (etc.) are crap. Some people have actually tried it and timed it in the 1/4 mile and it makes the car noticeably worse.

Also, almost nothing that improves performance will improve fuel economy, especially not a universal fits-all part.

Don't waste your time with this and other ebay performance mods like "speed chips".

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Its hilarious
**This item was specifically designed to create a vortex (spiraling funnel of air) inside your intake tube allowing the air to travel faster to your motor.**
Right, and what happens the moment it hits the throttle plate. No more vortexing, plus how can it travel faster, when the engine sucks the air in, theres no push given to the air. :lol:

I mean, would you dare to brag about it when you talked to other people at a gasstation?
"yeah I installed a vortex generator" - instant Pwnage :D

·
Pow! Right in the Kisser!
476 Posts
Think of these things as teh nozzle on a garden hose....even though the air may seem to becoming quicker. The only reason for that is because it gives the intake a smaller opening. On the garden hose the best way to let the most water thru is to take off the nozzle.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You really want less turbulence, not more for efficiency, but a cheaper way to slow your car down and maybe gain a couple mpg would be to just block off your air cleaner a bit!
Joking of course.

I wonder if there's a "Tornado" forum somewhere?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts