Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just had my car lowered with H & R springs for the V6 at meineke. The VSC and ABS lights came on, the tech. told me that it should go away within a few days after it detect the new settings into its system... Should the lights be on in the first place after lowering a camry? Has anyone experience similiar problems?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
They probably screwed something up in the installation. Check your DTC codes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any idea what coulda went wrong during installation that would caused the ABS and VSC lights to be on? They had to remove the rear seats to get to the rear suspension. They said to return to them if the lights doesnt turn off in a few days... Errr

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
They probably damaged, or left a speed sensor unhooked.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
Yea, your Anti Lock brakes and Traction control just wont work

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont know if meineke has the proper equipment to fix the problems..if they can't fix it i rather not have them mess around with the DTC or opening up the car back and forth. If its an absolute necessary to bring it to the dealer i rather do that, Can someone give me any recomendation? this is my first time lowering a car...didnt think this would happened.

·
Registered
2008 Camry hybrid
610 Posts
i dont know if meineke has the proper equipment to fix the problems..if they can't fix it i rather not have them mess around with the DTC or opening up the car back and forth. If its an absolute necessary to bring it to the dealer i rather do that, Can someone give me any recomendation? this is my first time lowering a car...didnt think this would happened.
The most likely fault is that they didn't plug one of the ABS sensors back in. It is possible (and will take a bit of skill to diagnose) that some of the wires or the sensors themselves got buggered up. If that's the case, replacing those components is the cure. IAC, that is likely the collateral damage from putting in new struts and/or springs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts