Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a curb yesterday which flattened my two tires. Now my VSC light on my dashboard. My steering wheel doesnt stay straight. What could be the problem?

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts
Have u checked the bottom of ur car? You could have a brocken ball joint which is cheap fix but tricky, or something loose down there. If the ball joint came out you cant fix it, u must replace it. Non of the cars I ever drove seem to stay straight. Even new ones. If nothing is physicaly brocken u must get Wheel Aligment to fix that i believe.

Eazy way to check is turn ur tires all the way both ways. and check behind em if u see anything loose. For the rear ones u might have to check it by going under the car.

Im not sure what that VCS light means, exept maybe ur tire has suffered sufficent damage and will now leak air. Or is already? Could be. All my cars are old, dont have that LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have u checked the bottom of ur car? You could have a brocken ball joint which is cheap fix but tricky, or something loose down there. If the ball joint came out you cant fix it, u must replace it. Non of the cars I ever drove seem to stay straight. Even new ones. If nothing is physicaly brocken u must get Wheel Aligment to fix that i believe.

Eazy way to check is turn ur tires all the way both ways. and check behind em if u see anything loose. For the rear ones u might have to check it by going under the car.

Im not sure what that VCS light means, exept maybe ur tire has suffered sufficent damage and will now leak air. Or is already? Could be. All my cars are old, dont have that LOL
VSC = vehicle skid control. I think I may need an alignment because my steering wheel doesnt stay straight when Im moving straight ahead. It leans to the left.

·
Registered
275 Posts
After hitting something hard enough to flatten 2 tires, I would say the VCs light is on do to a damaged wheel sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts