Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 09 Venza with 50k miles 3days ago. Last night when I was coming back from a night out, I got rammed in from the back on a quick changing DC traffic light. Got down to check, just small scratches and a tear on the rear bumper plus the right muffler and exhaust was down, trying to pull down the left one. After the police processing, I tied the right exhaust to a metal under the bumper so it doesn't bring down the left one on my way home. I didn't drive for long, till CHECK VSC SYSTEM came on plus CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, THE TRIANGLE CAUTION LIGHT and the TRACTION LIGHT. I stopped to restart the vehicle, but they all came back on. Its Sunday, I havent taken it to any dealership yet, I just want to know what could possibly be wrong. Does anybody have an idea.. Because i was thinking just change the rear bumper and fix the exhaust.. Please kindly share what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
'2017 Camry XLE 4cyl.
739 Posts
I doubt anything serious. When sensing any impact at all, it can upset calibration of the yaw rate sensor and steering angle sensor. Most likely the airbag occupant sensor also.
It sounds like a recalibrate is all that's needed. A quick health check with the Toyota scan tool, and calibration should get you on your way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.