Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys.

so I had a derp while checking the air filter and snapped the Vacuum valve (part #90910-12199 toyota. 084600-5480 denso. 548 japan) snapped the exhaust port of it I believe clean off into the vacuum tubing that runs somewhere in the car. couldn't get the plastic bits out of the tube. so I bought a replacement VV put it into the airbox like the old one and h ooked everything up.

while cold the car runs fine (little hang around 3-4K rpm) when hot? the car will NOT idle. and when you're off the gas its like all fuel is cut (coasts to a complete stop)

2.4L 2002/3 camry LE. anybody got a part #/fiche for the vacuum tube that goes from the VV to the metal farther back along the fire wall?

Car has 245K US miles of daily driving. I'd rather keep it up and running! (compared to my personal with 155K)

TLDR emissions thing broke. car won't run/idle worth a damn. already tried a battery pull to "reset" everything. if it matters I threw the car into cruise at 25mph and the rpm gauge kept going from 500rpm to 1000 up to 2000 back to 500.. pics are of the old VSS. new one went in exactly the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,061 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery at any time? If so it may take some driving for the car to "re-learn" things like idling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
disconnected this morning after replacement to see if it would force the car to relearn.

I've never had a car stall out from a disconnect

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update

pulled spark plugs. smidgens of oil on them. bit of white smoke out the tail pipe.

put my reader to the obd2 port and zero codes stored or pending. idle is around 380-475 with the issue instead fo around 800-1000...

lots and lots of shaking still. if you hold the gas open it runs fine.

tested in park. drove it around though and it just "stunk" lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts