Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ferocious Teddy Bear
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where the VSV is located, or better have a picture, im going through my car step by step to try and solve this p0401 problem im having

ive already taken off the EGR valve and cleaned it, and as far up as i can go on the engine side to clean it, any help be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Ferocious Teddy Bear
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I LOVE YOU!, i feel that, thats all i need to say about that!:eek:

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Wortown, before you waste your time and money, try to get the dealer to pay for it and make a claim under the "New Vehicle Emission Warranty"

The federal government requires two other warranties. The Exhaust Emission Warranty extends for 2 years/24,000 miles for emission-related parts and 8 years/80,000 miles on the catalytic converter and any on-board diagnostic device. The Passenger Restraint Warranty covers seat belts and airbags for 5 years/50,000 miles.

Source:http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/editorial/advice/index.cfm/act/warranty

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
i have a pic of my vsv valves, gimme a sec and i'll find a link

should be under the engine cover between the banks, near the fuel rail for the front bank (v6 that is)

here's the pic they're the blue and orange things

Mod edit: copy and paste this URL in new window to view pic.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p4a9872df804bccf5195c4c68226a2c44/f9efd392.jpg.orig.jpg

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
hmm, i guess this guy has a gen4 by the tiny pic in his avatar,

that was the one on my 3vzfe....

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Marc drives a Solara...hence WortownSOLARA :D

U know I'm playing. I just wanna make sure the right info is out there. I'm sure all of us '99+ produced Camry/Solara wished the VSV was under the engine cover for easier servicing :mad:

·
Ferocious Teddy Bear
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks anyway nick!! Though i must admit, it was an entertaining conversation

·
Registered
324 Posts
There are two VSVs, one in the engine compartment and one under the car near the gas tank. The one related to the EGR code P0401 is located in the engine compartment...

HTH -

DJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts