Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
2009 Classic Silver Venza
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am just wondering how long people had to wait for the dealer to find out when the specific Venza they requested (ie, color, engine, package) was to be produced after they ordered it? I just need to get mine before the start of Aug.

Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
In my case, I ordered Feb. 21 and by the middle of the following week I was advised of my production date (April 30).

Only 3 more sleeps until it makes it's way down the line! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ordered early March for a FWD V6 Prem Pack; found out it was to be built April 7; got the VIN, but waiting for delivery info

Wonder if we'll get it before month-end (3 more days!) or have to wait

·
Registered
204 Posts
Derek if you ordered yours locally (NV) I can let you know that I ordered from their Surrey dealership.
My order was placed Feb 6 for V6 AWD JBL/Nav. Near the end of Feb my salesman advised that the build date would be March 17th and then within a week he advised me it was sometime in April. I talked to the Sales Manager mid March as I was concerned I was bumped and he showed me on his computer my venza with his Order # and plant # and the scheduled build date was Apr 18. There was a 3 week production delay over Xmas that set back the schedule, and then there were further shut downs during March. The plant seems to be back to working 5 days a week for the last few weeks.
On April 12 my salesman lold me the car was built on Apr 7 and would take 4 weeks or so to get here to the wet coast. I now have a computer printout that says ETA is May 18 and is on time. My salesman says it could be earlier if they can get it pulled. Its looking like 10 weeks from order to pickup but I think 12 weeks may be the timing for recent orders.
I think supply in Western Canada is short and the dealer is looking at where he can modify his pre-orders to satify customer orders an may need some pressure from you to move you up the line. Just my thoughts - I can wait three more weeks (my wife can't). Cheers Michael

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I confirmed my Venza was built on APril 6th as scheduled..... from there it was shipped by rail to the NJ depot and has been sitting there for about a week waiting for a truck to transport it to So. NH.

I am told that the '10 Camry rollout has taken priority over other deliveries...... the original order was placed at the factory on March 17th.... order-to-build cycle was good.... factory to dealer delivery cycle seems to be protracted..... The latest ETA for delivery to my dealership is May 1st..... ?????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ordered on March 19th, build date April 30th. Salesman said we'll get it anywhere between Mothers Day and Victoria Day (Memorial Day).

·
2009 Classic Silver Venza
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the reply's.

I actually ordered through the Kelowna dealership (even thought we live in N Van) because we know someone there. We didn't get a killer deal or anything because of the demand out here, but its been about 2 weeks since we put a deposit down and they still haven't been able to tell us a time frame yet. I am not in a super rush right now, but we want to get it by or before the end of July because of a road trip in Aug. So i am just hoping they are not waiting or anything and its just they haven't seen the production list yet. From reading everyone elses posts, it seems to be anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months of taking delivery of there car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for all the reply's.

I actually ordered through the Kelowna dealership (even thought we live in N Van) because we know someone there. We didn't get a killer deal or anything because of the demand out here, but its been about 2 weeks since we put a deposit down and they still haven't been able to tell us a time frame yet. I am not in a super rush right now, but we want to get it by or before the end of July because of a road trip in Aug. So i am just hoping they are not waiting or anything and its just they haven't seen the production list yet. From reading everyone elses posts, it seems to be anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months of taking delivery of there car.
Ask your dealer to put in a rush order. Yes, this can be done. Dealers will only really care if your on a current lease with another car company and/or the lease expires before the suggested delivery date.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine was ordered late March. the dealer never gave me a VIN # or anything, but said that they hope they could give me a more specific date by the end of April...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine was ordered late March. the dealer never gave me a VIN # or anything, but said that they hope they could give me a more specific date by the end of April...
Yours will most likley be built along side mine tommorow. I ordered a V6 AWD (JBL/NAV) in late March too. Since the vehicle hasn't been built yet, your dealer cannot provide you with the VIN. Lets hope the shipping is quick; it might take about two or three weeks to get to you in B.C. - so you'll probably have yours for the long weekend!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine Venza /V6+JBL+NAV/ March 5 2009. ETA is planned for last week of May. Friday, 24 of April I visited the dealership and they told me, my Venza is shipped from Kentucky to TORONTO by rail /WHY????? - I live in Calgary!!!!/ and from Toronto the dealer in Calgary will get it by May 11. I do not understand why this shipment has to make 5 - 6 thousand kilometers extra. Who pays for this trip??? My salesman had no explanation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered mine Venza /V6+JBL+NAV/ March 5 2009. ETA is planned for last week of May. Friday, 24 of April I visited the dealership and they told me, my Venza is shipped from Kentucky to TORONTO by rail /WHY????? - I live in Calgary!!!!/ and from Toronto the dealer in Calgary will get it by May 11. I do not understand why this shipment has to make 5 - 6 thousand kilometers extra. Who pays for this trip??? My salesman had no explanation.
Has your Venza been built yet, or is it just being held at one of the Toronto ports? Did your sales rep give you a build date and/or VIN for your Venza? Is it supposed to arrive in Toronto on May 11th or at the dealership for May 11th?

Toyota has to ship out as many Venzas as they can as quickly as possible, so they ship them northbound to Michigan (adjacent to the I75), from there on it's shipped to it's destination from Southern Ontario.

It probably has to do with the location of the Camebridge and Woodstock plants (Ontario), considering the vehicles built there rely on the same rail transit system to trek throughout the country.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Toyota has a large receiving area in Toronto. All venza's come up through Ontario and then accross the country. The opposite is true for Yaris... they come to Vancouver first and then travel to Toronto and then to dealers....Even ones they passed on the way to Toronto.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Toyota has a large receiving area in Toronto. All venza's come up through Ontario and then accross the country. The opposite is true for Yaris... they come to Vancouver first and then travel to Toronto and then to dealers....Even ones they passed on the way to Toronto.
Kinda makes sense -- the Yaris is made in japan while the venza is made in US

Still waiting for the call from our sales guy re: arrival! supposed to be this week!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has your Venza been built yet, or is it just being held at one of the Toronto ports? Did your sales rep give you a build date and/or VIN for your Venza? Is it supposed to arrive in Toronto on May 11th or at the dealership for May 11th?

Toyota has to ship out as many Venzas as they can as quickly as possible, so they ship them northbound to Michigan (adjacent to the I75), from there on it's shipped to it's destination from Southern Ontario.

It probably has to do with the location of the Camebridge and Woodstock plants (Ontario), considering the vehicles built there rely on the same rail transit system to trek throughout the country.
:confused:Thanks Jordanski for Your information . Yes, my Venza is already build and on the way to Toronto. The dealership in Calgary will get it from Toronto around May 11. VIN # is on my salesman computer and I can get it any time. Now I have to be patient and wait.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Finally..... it's here..... In came in on the car carrier last night..... picking it up in an hour...... order went in March 17th delivered to dealer April 29th..... from what I've read here and elsewhere this is a good lead time from order to delivery......

Will update as I experience the new ride.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Finally..... it's here..... In came in on the car carrier last night..... picking it up in an hour...... order went in March 17th delivered to dealer April 29th..... from what I've read here and elsewhere this is a good lead time from order to delivery......

Congrats nhcycle - enjoy your new ride

Still waiting - Michael

·
Registered
311 Posts

Sweet! Let us know your early impressions (but don't rub it in too much..lol)
Mine is being built today...so there is hope!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 196 Posts