Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SuperWhite09DoubleCab
2009 Toyota Tacoma
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a deposit down this past Tuesday on a 2009 Timberland Mica double cab SR5. Only thing is it will not be delivered until May 21st. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that is having to be patient like me? Anyway I cant wait to take delivery of it and post some pics on the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
You are not alone my friend! I ordered my 09 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 on 3/14/09. It is set to arrive at the port on 4/30/09, but wont make it to the dealer until a day or 2 after that. So I feel your pain.

What makes it even worse is I have been obsessing over this truck since around September and have been a member on here about as long (notice my join date), so its taken forever. I have my entire build planned in detail LOL. My mod list is about a page and a half long now.

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
congrats! I had to wait over a month for a scion i bought back in 06... its tough to wait that long but you'll make it. start buying mods now so you have something to tinker w/ when it comes in. ^_^

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
I just put a deposit down this past Tuesday on a 2009 Timberland Mica double cab SR5. Only thing is it will not be delivered until May 21st. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that is having to be patient like me? Anyway I cant wait to take delivery of it and post some pics on the forum.
There were three Timberland Mica, and one Pyrite Mica, Double Cab SR5's on the lot locally.

There are now two Timberland Mica Double Cabs on the lot, as you saw in the photo sticky.

I had to wait 6 months until I had a comfortable downpayment before I bought mine, and those trucks did not leave the lot (well, technically, mine did, because it was the test-drive vehicle, which knocked a thousand dollars off as well) in that time.

So, you could come buy it in Canada :), but it'll cost you a lot. After exchange, I think the SR5 is about as expensive as a Sport in the states. Most American warranties are not honoured in Canada though, while the Canadian warranties are supposed to be fine in the states.

·
Rocket Scientist
36 Posts
I ordered mine about a week after shogun (3/21/2009 ish). Magnetic Grey Metallic, Access Cab, 6-Speed Manual, TRD Sport Prerunner. Scheduled delivery 05/27/2009.

Apparently Texans don't enjoy driving manual transmissions and I had to get mine "special ordered" from the factory...

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
^ that will just make it all that much sweeter when it arrives knowing that you have a tacoma that is hard to find :)

oh, and congrats to a fellow Houstonian future taco owner!

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,554 Posts
Apparently Texans don't enjoy driving manual transmissions and I had to get mine "special ordered" from the factory...
I thought the 6-speed manual was only available on the X-runner. :confused:
Did that option change for '09?

EDIT: never mind, I just looked at the Toyota website and punched in a Houston zip code and saw the option.

That option will definately be worth the wait!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts