Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2005 toyota camry SE. It is white and has black leather seats... I want to get some cool looking rims for it. I'm 17 years old so since I just got this car I want it to look kinda cool with the rims and not just have a boring look although I don't want it to have a racing look, but more of a cool sleek look to it.

Now I'm thinking of adding some new rims to the car, but am unsure of what size or style to get. My specifications are that the rims have to be BLACK, possibly something like these http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Kobe&wheelmodel=Kam-5+-+Black

I'm not sure about what size would be best, etc... and would I have to get new tires for example if I bought those rims above?

As well I want them to look really good on the car... would black rims like the above look good a white toyota camry with black leather seats or??? could you guys point me to some other styles of black rims that would look really sharp... and that are still FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE.

So I'm looking for some suggestions/input on this please... I also live in Canada so I am looking for a store that would sell these rims in canada?

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
A member in name Tonyihuzz has a white 2008 Camry with 20" black rims. I know you don't want to go to 20" but it will give you an idea how black rims look on white car.
You don't want sporty but cook sleek looking then I say go for 18" or 19". Search for Epsilon, Moky, Mistabullet, Trojan cars. They all have white camry with 19" (Mistabullet has 20")
Good luck and have fun looking for rims.
Also, black rims usually look better with machine/chrome lip. The rims on your link is too dark. It would look better with machine/chrome lip.
Here is a link to the offical Camry Gen5 & 6 thread. You will find most of our members on this thread.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t207708.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats a good question, The lower profile you go, creates a better chance that you can bend a rim. If your worried about that, leave a little meat on the tire. I agree with lammydi, I like a thick, and deep chrome lip. Happy hunting

·
Crash Test Dummy
2007 Toyota Camry CE
880 Posts
i think those rims look good, but i also agree with lammy about the machined lip.. 18's are a good size to get and most sites will let you enter your car model so you dont have to worry about the other dimensions too much as long as youre not too picky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A member in name Tonyihuzz has a white 2008 Camry with 20" black rims. I know you don't want to go to 20" but it will give you an idea how black rims look on white car.
You don't want sporty but cook sleek looking then I say go for 18" or 19". Search for Epsilon, Moky, Mistabullet, Trojan cars. They all have white camry with 19" (Mistabullet has 20")
Good luck and have fun looking for rims.
Also, black rims usually look better with machine/chrome lip. The rims on your link is too dark. It would look better with machine/chrome lip.
Here is a link to the offical Camry Gen5 & 6 thread. You will find most of our members on this thread.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t207708.html
Cool thanks.. have been looking around, but can't really find any of those guys.

where in canada are you?
I'm in Ontario, Canada.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.