Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres what happened. i saw a 1988 supra with 202,000 miles on it. its in good condition with no major marks, nice interior, 5 speed manual and the guy want $3000. is that a lot?

aright now a 88 supra with 202,000 miles on it, do u think that it would be in good running condition. its would be my first car to drive and 200000 miles sound like A LOT.

last i just looked at it, is there a way to tell if its turbo by the outside of the car, cuz i wasn't sure if it was or not.

THANKS A LOT!!!

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
not sure about the price, ask whether the head gasket has been done properly or not... and if so, ask the seller to define "proper" before you tell him what it is, the head bolts mustn't be torqued at stock specs, but rahter about 70 lbs.

if the HG hasn't blown, well,

it's VERY long overdue.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
They are very reliable cars except for the head gasket. If that's been replaced you should be fine.

The turbo may need rebuilt if it isn't spooling quick or hitting full boost, but it won't effect the reliability of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.