Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'VE NEVER BOUGHT A USED CAR. I own a 2003 CAMRY
What I want is low mileage and original owner with maintenance records as proof of being wellmaintained.

Write to me please

·
Registered
5 toyotas,
528 Posts
What I want is low mileage and original owner with maintenance records as proof of being wellmaintained.

Write to me please
prius are solid cars when new, if maintained can easily go 500k miles + without major problems,
The problem with a used prius is alot of prius owners take the "saving money" aspect too far and
save even more money by skimping on maintenance, or just not doing it.

so, based on that search for the year range in your budget and search by "lowest miles" (Autotrader)
dealer service records would be ideal and lower the miles the better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to buy a PRIUS!

Appreciate reply; so if i buy a new Prius... what is the best process? I live in Bethesda MD 20814. Do I buy online; please know I've not bought a car since 2003 (Camry/manual drive) so I am rusty. But I am motivated to do this right and not pay more than I need to. How do I get educated on this? Love the help this site can provide.

·
Registered
5 toyotas,
528 Posts
I suggest Autotrader.com
search by zip code, you can say within a 200 mile radius and sort by lowest miles first.
then start looking, there will be 2 sets of data as you scroll through, first all the premium ads and
about midway through the "regular ads" and you will see low mile units appearing again.

lowest mileage car you can buy would make the most sense, but...........why do you want a
used car with "everything electric", water pumps, steering, battery and HV battery assembly, on and on
why would anyone want to buy a used car with such great potential for high dollar repairs?
would'nt a corolla or any garden variety small toyota car be a similar car probably with similar or
even lower long term ownership costs..........just a thought. hybrids are great "when they are great" but
when they eventually break its way high dollars...........

I think there is a recent post here where a guy got a iM corolla brand new for $15000 or 1/2 the cost of prius.
factor that into your M P G !!!

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,950 Posts

Write to me please
You should post up to our Vehicles forum located here....

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/65-vehicles/

....so that you'll get better coverage among our forum members. I won't treat another thread as a cross-posting, so knock yourself out. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Truecar.com is another tool for shopping. I can't say if holiday sales or advertised leases will be cheaper. I saw the words "I want to buy a Prius" in all caps, so maybe just the Toyota dealer and a brand new one. I'm not sure haw many lease returns are Toyota Certified Used. For myself, price was a huge issue, so waiting a few months until my TCH was available at the right price; and about 1.5 months for my wife's TCU Prius C was fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts