Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

I want to install a bkup cam on my '15 LE.. i have a 100149 (the non gps version) unit and i understand the car is prewired for it.

Even found the plug for the camera inside the trunk lid so i ordered one from ebay yesterday and the black plastic trim for it..

Today a wanted to see what's behind the current trim of the car so i removed it, and saw what i think it may be my 1st road block...

Will the camera fit or will i have to open a hole for it?:|

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2015 Corolla s
801 Posts
Hi..

I want to install a bkup cam on my '15 LE.. i have a 100149 (the non gps version) unit and i understand the car is prewired for it.

Even found the plug for the camera inside the trunk lid so i ordered one from ebay yesterday and the black plastic trim for it..

Today a wanted to see what's behind the current trim of the car so i removed it, and saw what i think it may be my 1st road block...

Will the camera fit or will i have to open a hole for it?:|

thanks in advance
Looking at this video from Youtube and your photo.
It seem ther is no hole for OEM backup camera on 2014 to 2017 Corolla!!!

To fit OEM backup camera from Ebay, hole should be rectangular and is located between the backup light.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-REAR-VIEW-CAMERA-OEM-2014-2015-2016-14-15-16/182354026858

The plug for the inside the trunk lid seem to be for backup camera!!!

If it not all ready connected, 24 pin plug is for the backup camera!!!

Hope this help
Sincerly yours

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry for taking so long replying....

It seem ther is no hole for OEM backup camera on 2014 to 2017 Corolla!!!
Depending on the car options.

To fit OEM backup camera from Ebay, hole should be rectangular and is located between the backup light.
I installed an aftermarket camera just like the one on the video.. it was very e-z! Just plug-&-play.. car was prewired.
But i still want everything to look as oem as possible... already have the camera and the trim. Both for less than $35 on ebay shipped >:D

Can anyone show me pics of the factory lid with the hole so i can verify the exact shape, size, if the corners are rounded or not... etc

·
Registered
2015 Corolla s
801 Posts
Sorry for taking so long replying....

Depending on the car options.

I installed an aftermarket camera just like the one on the video.. it was very e-z! Just plug-&-play.. car was prewired.
But i still want everything to look as oem as possible... already have the camera and the trim. Both for less than $35 on ebay shipped >:D

Can anyone show me pics of the factory lid with the hole so i can verify the exact shape, size, if the corners are rounded or not... etc

I am glad that video ass been helpfull

Did your Corolla came with the 100149 head unit or it was the basic non touch screen?!?!?
If the 2015 Corolla LE came touch screen, why Toyota don't install the camera?!!?!?

I don't unterstand why toyota install touch screen unit and don't install the camera?!?!?
On the assembly line, it will not cost more than 10$ or 15$ to install camera!!!
Because, like you said the wires was all ready ther!!!

Sincerly yours

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know im pulling up an old thread, but does anyone know of a way to wire this into a rca so i can plug it directly into my aftermarket stereo
I'm also having a similar problem.

I looked everywhere for the wiring diagram to convert OEM camera pins to RCA but couldn't find anything :frown: I can't believe that no one has done this before. I'm going to look for a solution in the next couple of days and If didn't make any progress I will get an aftermarket camera.

·
Raymond10078
2016 Corolla LE Plus
228 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't believe it either:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-view-camera-adapter-Toyota-Scion-2014-Camry-Corolla-RAV4-Sienna-Prius/322256496245?epid=1466281320&hash=item4b07fbe675:g:804AAOSwPpZaRg1k

I'd still recommend talking to the seller, to make sure this fits your needs. But, clearly, this has been done before. I don't have the time to perform searches on your behalf today, so I'm leaving you this quick lead.
This works with an aftermarket camera because it has an RCA video cable. The harness you linked on ebay actually connects an aftermarket camera to the factory touch display. The OEM camera has a 6 pin connector but the plug has 4 wires coming out of it. So there should be a way to convert it to a standard RCA cable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you wanting to convert to rca at the camera, or do you want to convert in the dash (using existing car wiring from the camera to the dash)?
In my car it does not come with the connector in the trunk like the original post. So I need to convert to RCA at the camera (those 4 wires) and use the harness you linked on ebay with it.

However, looking at the original post it is very disappointing that there is no rectangular hole for the backup camera below the plastic trim (Toyota apparently doesn't cut those for models with no camera) so there is no point in doing it anymore (unless I get a new trunk lid with the cut out for the camera which is crazy). It is now clear why no one has done it because it is way simpler to install an aftermarket camera :crying:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I'm doubting your conclusion.

There is one part number for the trunk (deck) lid - for all 2014-2016 models.
Part num. depends on the car options. I didn't want to cut my trunk lid so i just got a new one. it's getting painted right now.

Here's the list of the part numbers:

64401-02830 Trunk Lid
W/ O SPOILER, W/ CAMERA, W/ SMART KEY

64401-02B10 Trunk Lid
W/ O SPOILER, W/ O CAMERA, W/ SMART KEY

64401-02B30 Trunk Lid
W/ SPOILER, W/ O SMART KEY

64401-02870 Trunk Lid
W/ O SPOILER, W/ CAMERA, W/ O SMART KEY

64401-02850 Trunk Lid
W/ SPOILER, W/ CAMERA, W/ SMART KEY *** Got this one to also add an oem spoiler to my LE! :D

64401-02B20 Trunk Lid
W/ O SPOILER, W/ O CAMERA, W/ O SMART KEY

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.