Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have check engine light on have p0445 p0441 code replaced the fuel cap the engine light is still on try to replace the evap purge valve before being it to the car shop but can’t find it
Can anyone help
It is a 2018 Toyota Camry se

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks like it mounts on the left side of the plastic intake manifold. Move camera to the right & take another shot. :cool:

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is the right side thank you
Circled in red.

Not sure why your car would have a problem with the purge solenoid soo early. But according to the code, you got a shorted purge solenoid and/or incorrect purge flow. Sometimes the valve inside gets sticky and may cause this. But that depends how lucky you are. You can try to clear the check engine light and see if it comes on again. If it does, you can test to see if purge valve is bad. Search on google or youtube how to test it.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Circled in red.

Not sure why your car would have a problem with the purge solenoid soo early. But according to the code, you got a shorted purge solenoid and/or incorrect purge flow. Sometimes the valve inside gets sticky and may cause this. But that depends how lucky you are. You can try to clear the check engine light and see if it comes on again. If it does, you can test to see if purge valve is bad. Search on google or youtube how to test it.
Yes I changed the fuel cap and cleared the code after 300 miles in 3 days the engine light came back on

·
Registered
94 Posts
Diagram shows 25860 on the left side as you are looking at the engine from the front of the car. This would put it on the passenger side for USA vehicles. See "VEHICLE FRONT SIDE" on diagram in post #2. Is 25860 the purge valve or is the item circled in red in post #12 the purge valve?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Diagram shows 25860 on the left side as you are looking at the engine from the front of the car. This would put it on the passenger side for USA vehicles. See "VEHICLE FRONT SIDE" on diagram in post #2. Is 25860 the purge valve or is the item circled in red in post #12 the purge valve?
What I circled in red, is the "purge valve soldenoid."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Circled in red.

Thank you for your replay I notice that one of the hose that connects to the valve doesn’t have the hose clamp is that normal or the clamp is missing

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thank you for your replay I notice that one of the hose that connects to the valve doesn’t have the hose clamp is that normal or the clamp is missing
As long as there are no leaks, it shouldn't be a problem. The diagram doesn't show a clamp for it either...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As long as there are no leaks, it shouldn't be a problem. The diagram doesn't show a clamp for it either...
I watched YouTube video and took the valve out Tried to blow air using my mouth through it and the air went through I didn’t have any took so I plugged the power cord on the valve and turn the car to position 2 and tried to blow it again and the air went through does this mean the valve is bad
And also I reset the engine light about 8 days ago 1400 miles driven the light came back on

1 - 20 of 25 Posts