Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I watched YouTube video and took the valve out Tried to blow air using my mouth through it and the air went through I didn’t have any took so I plugged the power cord on the valve and turn the car to position 2 and tried to blow it again and the air went through does this mean the valve is bad
And also I reset the engine light about 8 days ago 1400 miles driven the light came back on

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,885 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but It should only open when there is power connected to it. When there isn't power, it should close and no air can pass through it. I think.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just curious if you "topped off" your tank when gassing your car. Topping off can cause your EVAP system to fail as it overwhelms the system. Best practice, is to stop gassing on first click off of the hose.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I watched YouTube video and took the valve out Tried to blow air using my mouth through it and the air went through I didn’t have any took so I plugged the power cord on the valve and turn the car to position 2 and tried to blow it again and the air went through does this mean the valve is bad
And also I reset the engine light about 8 days ago 1400 miles driven the light came back on
With the valve powered on, it will open up. With no power it closes. You cannot test it like that because the ontime is pulse width modulated. If there are no leaks found, the problem is the purge valve itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just curious if you "topped off" your tank when gassing your car. Topping off can cause your EVAP system to fail as it overwhelms the system. Best practice, is to stop gassing on first click off of the hose.
I never top off the tank

21 - 25 of 25 Posts