Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Toyota fans: I'm looking for a 1981 Toyota Supra (5-ME)
with automatic transmission, with a good body, good
powertrain and good everything else. (in other words I don't
want a crap junker). My current 81 Supra (the second one I've
owned) is close to death (body cancer and oil guzzling) and I
would very much like to have another 'cause I love this car.
Supra fans can relate to this, I'm sure. I live in Canada,
Southern Ontario, just west of Toronto in Whitby. e-mail me
at [email protected] (remove the 666 to reply)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:10:54 GMT, Eric Oktober <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Toyota fans: I'm looking for a 1981 Toyota Supra (5-ME)
>with automatic transmission, with a good body, good
>powertrain and good everything else. (in other words I don't
>want a crap junker). My current 81 Supra (the second one I've
>owned) is close to death (body cancer and oil guzzling) and I
>would very much like to have another 'cause I love this car.
>Supra fans can relate to this, I'm sure. I live in Canada,
>Southern Ontario, just west of Toronto in Whitby. e-mail me
>at [email protected] (remove the 666 to reply)


If you want one without body cancer, you'll have to go shopping way
far south. Like 'South of the Mason-Dixon line' south. South far
enough to where snow and road salt are only a rumor.

Problem being that a 25 year old Supra that is still in drivable
shape is very likely to have a whole lot of miles on it (150,000 plus)
just not a rotten body. Buying a 25-YO car like this would make sense
if your car has a rotten body but a good powertrain that you could
yank out and reuse in another car - but you admit it yourself that
your old engine is 'guzzling oil'. So where's the advantage?

Then you have to pay off the Customs folks to get it into Canada.

--<< Bruce >>--

--
Bruce L. Bergman, Woodland Hills (Los Angeles) CA - Desktop
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Spamtrapped address: Remove the python and the invalid, and use a net.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bruce L. Bergman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:10:54 GMT, Eric Oktober

<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> If you want one without body cancer, you'll have to go

shopping way
> far south. Like 'South of the Mason-Dixon line' south.

South far
> enough to where snow and road salt are only a rumor.
>
> Problem being that a 25 year old Supra that is still in

drivable
> shape is very likely to have a whole lot of miles on it

(150,000 plus)
> just not a rotten body. Buying a 25-YO car like this would

make sense
> if your car has a rotten body but a good powertrain that you

could
> yank out and reuse in another car - but you admit it

yourself that
> your old engine is 'guzzling oil'. So where's the

advantage?
>
> Then you have to pay off the Customs folks to get it into

Canada.
>
> --<< Bruce >>--
>


Thanks for your feedback, Bruce. Main problem about getting it
back to Canada is the logistics of transport. Thanks again.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 03:37:00 +0000, Eric Oktober wrote:

> Bruce L. Bergman <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:10:54 GMT, Eric Oktober

> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> If you want one without body cancer, you'll have to go

> shopping way
>> far south. Like 'South of the Mason-Dixon line' south.

> South far
>> enough to where snow and road salt are only a rumor.
>>
>> Problem being that a 25 year old Supra that is still in

> drivable
>> shape is very likely to have a whole lot of miles on it

> (150,000 plus)
>> just not a rotten body. Buying a 25-YO car like this would

> make sense
>> if your car has a rotten body but a good powertrain that you

> could
>> yank out and reuse in another car - but you admit it

> yourself that
>> your old engine is 'guzzling oil'. So where's the

> advantage?
>>
>> Then you have to pay off the Customs folks to get it into

> Canada.
>>
>> --<< Bruce >>--
>>

>
> Thanks for your feedback, Bruce. Main problem about getting it
> back to Canada is the logistics of transport. Thanks again.


Yeah. Things have eased up a bit since NAFTA; but the big problem was the
TAX! Whooo-Weeee!

It was always much easier to get a Canadian model into the US. My '88
Supra came from a dealer in Toronto.

BTW, I have been to Whitby a couple times in the late 80's. I like it up
there!


--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out the website www.toyota3tc.com This discussion list
specializes in older models and sometimes there's cars for sale. You
can also look on ebay

Brian

Eric Oktober wrote:

> Hi Toyota fans: I'm looking for a 1981 Toyota Supra (5-ME)
> with automatic transmission, with a good body, good
> powertrain and good everything else. (in other words I don't
> want a crap junker). My current 81 Supra (the second one I've
> owned) is close to death (body cancer and oil guzzling) and I
> would very much like to have another 'cause I love this car.
> Supra fans can relate to this, I'm sure. I live in Canada,
> Southern Ontario, just west of Toronto in Whitby. e-mail me
> at [email protected] (remove the 666 to reply)
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top