Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have any idea where i might track down some toyota posters from the 60's, 70's & 80's?

i tried e-bay, but the only things i can find there are magazine ads, which are great, but are smaller than what i need.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
try google.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been there, so far the only thing i can find is an MSR poster & a fast & furious type of supra poster.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
gravlguts said:
but the only things i can find there are magazine ads, which are great, but are smaller than what i need.
i have quite a few of those, '99 4Runner, '70 Corolla, '81 Corolla, '82 Celica, '84 Civic hatch (big), blah blah blah. Mostly swiped from school in stacks of really old (mostly National Geographic) magazines left there to cut stuff out of.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i sat last night & sorted through 1/2 of the Canadian Track & Traffic mags ever printed. found some great toy ads from 69 to 71. i haven't gone newer yet, but i did find a road test on a toyota crown from 1964!!

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
I used to have a video of the 2nd gen Supra video with the guy at the end jumping when the music did the "I love what you do for me... toy-ota" thing.

I know it's not a poster but still.... Vintage marketing.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
I also have an '85 and '91 Cressida Canadian dealer brochure that I picked up at the stand at the Toronto Autoshow.

To think, back in '85, the car in my sig was described as having aerodynamic headlights and european styling... it's a freaking box :lol:

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Big Body LX said:
I used to have a video of the 2nd gen Supra video with the guy at the end jumping when the music did the "I love what you do for me... toy-ota" thing.

I know it's not a poster but still.... Vintage marketing.
I could possibly reproduce that :D

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
repinS said:

To think, back in '85, the car in my sig was described as having aerodynamic headlights and european styling... it's a freaking box :lol:
what exactly is an "aerodynamic headlight"

i saw on ebay recently an add for the 1987 camry,

"Technically speaking, its a performance car"

this because it has mulit valve twin cam engine producing 115hp....OOHH---AHHH:lol:

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Stevethecleric said:
what exactly is an "aerodynamic headlight"

i saw on ebay recently an add for the 1987 camry,

"Technically speaking, its a performance car"

this because it has mulit valve twin cam engine producing 115hp....OOHH---AHHH:lol:

What.... 115hp isn't a performance car??? And all this time I thought Civics were race cars :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts