Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tercelerator
1994 Tercel
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a generic washer pump to replace my broken one and the connection used on the OEM part is different from the two prong on the generic. It's looking like I'm going to have to splice the wires, but I have no idea which one is which. The vehicle connector has white and blue wires. I know the blue wire is supposed to go wiper fuse 20A, and the white goes to the washer switch. But I don't know which of these goes to the negative and positive prongs on the pump. Anyone can point me in the right direction?

·
0 Posts
If you have a multi-meter, you can find out pretty easily. Since the blue wire goes to the fuse, its most likely positive and needs to be connected to the red wire on your replacement pump. Here's how to test it. Remove your positve battery terminal. Take your meter and set it to ohms. Put one of the probes on the white wire and put the other on either the engine or a clean metal surface on the body. If you get a reading, that means you have continuity to ground. That wire will be your negative and go to the black wire. If you don't get a reading, repeat the prevoius step and have someone press switch that make your wipers spray while you have the meter connected. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts