Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of the dimension for the washer that goes into the engine oil plug and the transmission plug? I don't recall my transmission plug having a washer or gasket and it's leaking. If you can give me the spec, I'll go over to a hardware store and buy one. Kragen has a few sizes and I don't remember what size.. My car is oiled up, dont' want to drain it and refill just to find the size.

Thanks,
Gordon

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They wanted ~$3.5 for the transmission washer and about ~1.65 for the engine oil washer. I've made up my mind to never go to the stealers unless I absolutely have to. I ended up buying two washers from an independent smog garage for $1 total for both. I'm getting lists of online places that sell parts and just get the washers for 30 cents! I've bought 4 engine oil filters from the dealer for $4/each but now that I think about it, I can get the bosch tall filter for 4.65 from an independent..i'm thinking of going that route and just by pass the stealer whenever i can.

My tranny was leaking pretty bad. Found out I the washer fell onto the oil container as I was draining the oil. reuse! My engine oil is not leaking.. amazing what an aluminum / copper washer can do.

During my research, there are a few types of washers: rubber, fiber (??), aluminum, copper, and nylon. then there's metal with a teflon coat. I'd like to know which one last the longest with repeat oil changes. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts