Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was thinking about relocating to Washington? I just got a job offer there. My question is What area should I be looking for a house? What is a good neighborhood to live in? I want a big lot enough to have a Shop on the property. Any help from the locals would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be working out a Puget sound Navel Shipyard. So something Within 20 miles. I am hoping to find something in the $300,000.00 range so I can just buy it without a mortgage but I would go as high as $500,000.00 ??? I would also need an area with a good school for my son?
Thank you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out the Silverdale area, the Ridgetop Neighborhood in particular. It's about 20 min away from PSNS. It's where i grew up. Great Navy town. Good luck man, you'll love it up here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
if you already know the area you'd be living in or near, you can try searching on nwrealestate.com everything is up-to-date and has good basic descriptions of the property. if you want more pics or info, you can plug the MLS # into a commercial site (like johnlscott or something) and it should come up.

silverdale is a nice place, but i'm not too familiar with that area, esp. since i'm a kauai boy myself. good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Which site will you be working at? Housing prices vary greatly with location. You can easily spend $300K or $500k for the same house, but in a differant location. A lot real estate agents list on on the web. If possible find a Sunday copy of the local major paper, The Seattle Times, or Seattle PI. Check the library.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It'd be awesome to see another new Taco up here. the local TTORA chapter is great. I'm not too familiar with the Southend, so I can't offer up too much advise. I'd fly out before hand and check out the neighborhoods in person.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses guys! I'll be flying out ending part of March to check out the area. I'm still trying to get my affairs in order so I can move. It's not 100% yet? We'll see?

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
For 300-500k, I would avoid the silverdale/navy town. I mean, if you want to live in and be surrounded by navy, then by all means do it. If I was you, I would look into the ollala area, it's south of PSNS, approx. 15 miles, but it's absolutely beautiful. Look at homes on Banner Rd. I also recommend do a google earth search of the area, you can see a lot and learn a lot about the area. PM me if you have any questions, I am currently stationed in the PNW.

-Barry-

·
Nice kitty kitty
2005 Tacoma AcessCab
108 Posts
toku58 said:
Thanks for the responses guys! I'll be flying out ending part of March to check out the area. I'm still trying to get my affairs in order so I can move. It's not 100% yet? We'll see?

Thanks for the help!!
Let us know when you come out, maybe we should all get together and have a beer in Seattle or some central location.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 4x4
91 Posts
Went to High School in Vancouver, WA and college up in Bellingham... the Pacific Northwest is great. I moved to Texas at the end of 06 and miss a lot about the area up there. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts