Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all !

Yesterday I went through a car wash and when the rinsing was done, I could hear water draining sound from inside the dash or from the vents or similar area. It was exactly same as the water draining sound on the kitchen sink.

Is that normal? Are there ducts/pipes or something similar for the water to drain is there is lot of it such as in an car wash?

Thank you for the responses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all !

Yesterday I went through a car wash and when the rinsing was done, I could hear water draining sound from inside the dash or from the vents or similar area. It was exactly same as the water draining sound on the kitchen sink.

Is that normal? Are there ducts/pipes or something similar for the water to drain is there is lot of it such as in an car wash?

Thank you for the responses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The most likely response from Toyota will be that its normal. They all do It. Or at least that seems to be the most common explanation from Toyota that people on this thread hear no matter the problem.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Camry
3 Posts
I think it's normal. As I hear it here and there as well on 19 Camry. Why I think it's normal I have heard the same noise when I used to have 2005 Camry, never any problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is my first Toyota. It is also the first car that I have ever had with this kind of wind noise. Which means is likely my last Toyota. Just got to figure the best way to get out of the car financially without losing too much money. Honda, Buick, Ford, Acura anything would have to be better than this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Toyota does indeed claim it's normal. However, From my experience with many new cars it must just be normal for Toyota.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It’s likely the water flowing down the window over to the fender drains like they all do. There’s drains on the doors and the skylight drains via a tube or tubes to the trunk and onto the ground. As for your wind whistle it’s simple . Take it back to the dealer and let them find and fix it under warranty. The body n fender guys do this stuff all the time. Simple.
If you are expecting an absolutely bulletproof car out the door lots of luck. You are about 45 years too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts