Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Corolla SR5
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this question a while ago but i don't remember seeing an answer as to what exactly caused it. Basically i got in my car this morning after it had be raining all not there was a pool in the drivers side floorboard. Is the some kind of seal somewhere under the dash that stops water. I looked around down there and nothing seem to be out of place, but I could be wrong.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,675 Posts
I believe aaron7 had the same problem, his wiring rusted due to this.

The problem I keep having is lots of moisture in my trunk on the 89 GTS, it was fine before and I'm not sure how or when this started. :eek:

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
lol yEaaaaaa i have a problem :eek::..... ya C :ugh3: i have a whole in my floor :whatthe: :cursin: lol Start their and let me know whatcha see under your drivers side :lol:

i to have noticed moisture in the trunk ive allways thought it was from Taking the tails out when i painted my car ??? not sure but yea mine leaks too (thinking it could be the trunk seal too):whatthe: :lol: :lol: :lol: i dunno why its so funny i have a hole in my floor But it is lol as soon as i Bust through the carpet i will be Flinstoning it !:eek: :lol:

·
One with the farce
3,976 Posts
Don't rule out the windshield leaking. A lot of them are not put in properly and where the urethane hasn't stuck it will leak, and it runs down behind the dash and pools on the floor.

My corolla leaked water onto the hatch floor because the rubber around the hatch window had shrunk a little and let water in.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My sedan's trunk is very good at getting absolutely soaked with water, It started with three rust holes, now it's only two because they have rusted together into one large one. My SR5 leaks water in on top where the windshield meets the roof, sprays all over my lap when I go through a touchless carwash.

·
20v 4dr AE92
58 Posts
haha, I alos see moisture in the trunk... I found a huge puddle in a little crevious the car has on both the right and left side in the trunk so I drilled 2 holes in each side and one where my spare is and it seems to have reseaded quite a bit. :disappoin

·
Registered
1989 Corolla SR5
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This morning there was alot of frost on the windsheild this morning so I turn on the defroster and went back inside ,but when got back in to leave for work there was water on the inside of the windsheild dripping down onto the dashboard! :eek: That has never happened before!!

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Lift the hood and ensure that the drains at each side near the windshield haven't been plugged up with leaves and crud. I had a car that did this and found a rock in the drain hole which caused the water to backup.

·
Pow! Right in the Kisser!
476 Posts
With response to teh water in the driver side floorbed. I had the same thing too. It turned out to be a crack in the firewall near the windshield. When the bmw crashed into my car i ahd the body shop seal it with some silicon rubber when the front quarter panel was replaced. The exact spot mine was in was right under the grate that connects teh hood to teh windshield. Take teh wiper blades off and grate and look for cracks and you may be able to fix it yourself if you can see it.

·
omg jdm
2,005 Posts
Oh heeeeeeel yes. I have water under the dash, both rear floors, and both front floors. Oh, and the trunk too. All under my dash is rusted, and I had to have the entire fuse box rebuilt due to corrosion.

I have no idea where the leaks are coming from. I gave up trying to find out. When it rains, my lights/radio/etc all come on, and I have to unplug the battery.

Thank freaking god it's just my winter car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.