Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few times I have had trouble starting my '05. Could I have water in my fuel? If so, what is the fix?
Thanks...

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
Trouble how? Since you have an 05, there was/is an issue where the truck would not start right away for some guys on here. They had to try several times before the truck would actually start. I am not sure if they found a fix or not, maybe one will chime in here or you can try and search for starting issues.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
Dry gas.

And keep you tank at least half filled this time of year. Temp swings create condensation... the more empty space in your tank the more room for moisture to form.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma access cab
503 Posts

·
Car Dealers Suck !
651 Posts
Are you shitting me ? I have a blue button that I found in the street, Do you think it was Elvis's button ? I feel like a winner, What do you think the winning numbers will be tonight ? Magic 8 ball, Do you think I will find love ? Why not just go see the gypsy women and have her read your palm ? This forum is a great place but lately it seems to be getting flooded with strange questions . Oh, and the answer to your question is remove the water .

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have to agree on this one. This questions a little off. Unless you have kids putting garden hoses down you filler tube I would say you dont have any water in your fuel tank problem.

Our gas tanks are no different design then rest of the other gas tanks around. And if all your other cars are not getting condensation build up in your tank neither is your truck. But really condensation bulding up in a gas tank is not a problem.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
demoncleaner said:
Dry gas.

And keep you tank at least half filled this time of year. Temp swings create condensation... the more empty space in your tank the more room for moisture to form.
Like he said. Grab a bottle of dry gas from a gas station or retail store for $1-$2 and try it. You're not out a lot and will know if that's the fix or not.

I used to work at gas stations and there's a reason someone goes out once a week or so with a long pole with water-reactive goop on the end. And that's to make sure there's not too much water in their holding tanks. So the comment about a garden hose..... :rolleyes: Unless you DO have some punks around your house that like to fuck with peoples' rides.

Northern gas stations stock the crap out of dry gas once november/october rolls around for just that reason. Cold temps cause condensation and trouble starting. Not sure what the weather is like where you are, but a cold snap could cause it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess I should have elaborated....

Yeah, I live in WV and lately it has finally gotten cold. My G/F's Envoy has been doing the same thing and we have been getting fuel at the same places so I wondered if maybe we had filled up someplace where water was in the fuel.

The condensation theory could be true since it sits outside her house a lot these days and not in my garage.

I'll try the Drygas stuff.

And bite THIS kneebiter.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have five vehicles at the house in Pennsylvania and run some brand of dry gas in each and every one of them. I remember way back in high school in Virginia I used to carry 4 or 5 bottles of dry gas with me. You wouldn't believe how many cars won't start because of the water in the system. I've also had cars start up fine and drive a couple miles down the road and they would die. One bottle of dry gas and you were on your way. Loaned bottles out to people who were stuck. It's worth a shot and old Wallie-World has it in 4 packs with a nice little cardboard carrying case !!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mossman said:
Have five vehicles at the house in Pennsylvania and run some brand of dry gas in each and every one of them. I remember way back in high school in Virginia I used to carry 4 or 5 bottles of dry gas with me. You wouldn't believe how many cars won't start because of the water in the system. I've also had cars start up fine and drive a couple miles down the road and they would die. One bottle of dry gas and you were on your way. Loaned bottles out to people who were stuck. It's worth a shot and old Wallie-World has it in 4 packs with a nice little cardboard carrying case !!
Cool!! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts