Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Im building one for my turbo. Not using a kit because its actually a lot cheaper if you piece it all together. What it does it cool the intake charge because detonation on a lot of cases if caused by hot intake temps. by lowering the intake temp (with water injection its a considerable amount!) it has a decrease on risk of detonation/knock. Also water/alcohol (what im going to be doing) is good too, supposibly will burn better because alcohol is able to go boom boom. The water wont hydrolock because it goes to the gas state because it takes heat energy to convert it to gas (a cooling process).

I think its worth the money... its also a GREAT safety feature, which is the one extra step in taking to run my turbo safely on my stock internals.

Im using a 5psi actuator... so at 5psi the pump will kick on a spray inside, once its below 5psi it shuts off. I just need to find the perfect 12v pump and misting nozels. Also trying to find a "low windshield wiper fluid" sensor... dont know what to do for that.

hope this helped.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
just make sure you dont rely on it.

its mroe useful when youre reaching the limits of pump gas and you need more pre detonation prevention.

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't plan on only using that as far as protecting my engine.. but i know it has a heat issue with the S/C, and since intercooling isn't an option at the moment.. although someone is looking into that. If I was able to get the money.. i'd get this.. somewhat soon

·
Pissed
Camry
665 Posts
I believe there was a how to not too long ago, toysrme i think did it in his free mods thing.

*Edit*
Heres a link to his "cheap water injection" if i remember correctly, he ended up spending like 9 bux lol or something

1 - 6 of 6 Posts