Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During heavy rain (with car motionless) water builds up around sunglass holder of '03 Camry. It's not where sunglasses go, but escaping from the area.
Hose test by pros reveal no leak around windshield.
Parking car with nose slightly downhill MAY be significant.
How does one diagnose such a problem?
Could it be coming from rear glass? (Dumb question: Could be coming from anywhere.)
No sunroof on car.
Thanks,
Mac

·
Registered
128 Posts
if pros ruled out the windshield, you may wanna check both your front doors rubber seals. Water might be coming in from there perhaps? Does your sun-visors get wet too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water leak around sunglass holder

if pros ruled out the windshield, you may wanna check both your front doors rubber seals. Water might be coming in from there perhaps? Does your sun-visors get wet too?
Nope. And no sign of water on headliner.

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Unfortunately, you may have to take out the whole sunglass holder. Have someone with a garden hose and start spraying the rear windshield, to test your theory. Have a bucket inside the catch the water. hehe.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
i asked the question of the sunroof because the water could be coming in from one location and flowing to another part of the car...hence dripping near the sunglass holder.... maybe asking if there a sunroof was dumb but throwing ideas out there doesn't hurt.
You can't take a hint. He said he did not have a sunroof!!!!

·
Registered
1994 Camry LE
380 Posts
How about a moonroof? lol.
Seriously, though. I had a problem similar to this on an old, OLD Corolla I used to have at work. ('93 DX with 456k miles) That leak was coming in under the side seals above the front passenger door by the windshield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No sunroof. Safelite was VERY uncomfortable about the concept of pulling and replacing the glass. They didn't say "No." (They did say they would not use their ultrasonic? leak detector on it. Before I was very happy with Safelite. Now I consider them "broken." See ted.com for details.) I can see their point. They could break the window. They could do the non-insurance work and the thing still leak. I'll tailgate a gravel truck and hope for the best.

do you have a sunroof? My girls Nissan Altima had a leak, where the water was dripping from the passenger door. Ruled out all the seals on the passenger side and found the leak coming from the sunroof and flowing down to the doors dripping there. took some clear sealant and sealed it right up. Its been fine ever since. Just a thought...

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Park the car so that it is higher on the passenger side than the driver side and then flood the lower side of the roof and windshield up to the center line and look for a leak. If no leak, turn the car around and flood the drivers side to the center line of the roof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts